Bringing knife to Phils from US restrictions?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I have a friend just asked me if there are any problems with bringing a 6 inch blade buck knife in a sheath in his checked baggage. He is not wanting to carry it or anything, moving here permanently and doesn't want to leave it behind.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

I have a friend just asked me if there are any problems with bringing a 6 inch blade buck knife in a sheath in his checked baggage. He is not wanting to carry it or anything, moving here permanently and doesn't want to leave it behind.

I brought a set of chef`s carving knives from the UK with no problems at either end.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I brought a 12 inch bolo back from Philippines in my checked baggage I'm sure your friend would not have an issue.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

a 6 inch blade buck knife

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Of cause it is illegal to own in the Philippines, but who's going worry about that.

• Like 2

BKB
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

Of cause it is illegal to own in the Philippines, but who's going worry about that.

That must be why Philippians cut their pork chops with a spoon. lol, seriously i think its fine to own knives here you just cant carry them with you on the street...

• Like 4

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I brought two bolos back with me from the Ph to the US...not the same thing, but it wasn't a problem. 

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

They sell pocket knives like that in every mall I have seen here.  It is illegal for us to carry them - but they are everywhere here.  Checked bag should be no problem. I brought my Sabitiers with me when I moved.  I did give my sword/dagger collection to my son, but a friend shipped his here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I bought a large meat cleaver from a vendor at the beach in Subic. 

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I miss carrying a knife. I used to have a knife and a flashlight in pocket every day at work. Some of the other maintenance guys would say, "Wow, you really have everything." I'd reply, "Wow, you don't?" 

I shipped my Benchmade Mini Ambush, Spyderco Native and RAT-3 here in a BB Box and I thought for sure they'd be "confiscated" but they made it through.

I think that would be the only problem with putting anything, knives included, in checked baggage. It's always possible they will get "lost". But from a security standpoint, knives in checked baggage should be okay.

• Like 1