Desktop computers - Clark or Subic area

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

PC Worx is okay. I have bought from them a few times. They do a lot of business on Lazada as well. What you getting? If you don't mind me asking.

• Love it 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, JeSsDaDdY said:

What you getting? If you don't mind me asking.

I think he is replacing a slightly outdated computer so anything will be better :no:

old_computer.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I have to replace mine when I find it. :whistling:

dirty computer.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PakWaan
Posted
Posted

Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD drive, 4 TB hard drive, twin 28” monitors. Basically the same computer I had in the states except for an SSD rather than a second hard drive and a newer faster version of the i7.  I’m not into gaming, but as an avid photographer do a bit fair of Photoshop and a little video editing.  

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, PakWaan said:

Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD drive, 4 TB hard drive, twin 28” monitors. Basically the same computer I had in the states except for an SSD rather than a second hard drive and a newer faster version of the i7.  I’m not into gaming, but as an avid photographer do a bit fair of Photoshop and a little video editing.  

Sounds like a nice rig. If you're doing a lot of photo editing, look at an IPS panel monitor; they have great color matching and calibration as compared to TFT, or TN monitors. ASUS has some good ones here. Samsung also has some, but they call theirs "PLS", but essentially the same thing. I have a couple of the ASUS 27" IPS models and love them. Super bright and crystal clear. Movies and images look great on them. Only 1920 x 1080, but that's more than enough for me. Can't see in 4K anyway..lol. Should be able to get the ASUS VX279H for around P14,500, more or less. I am running a i7 7700k with 32gb and it screams. Cuts through photo and video editing tasks like butter.

I use Camtasia Studio for Video editing and it really likes a discrete GPU for acceleration, but even when I turn it off and use just the integrated GPU in the i7, it renders really fast. And, when I turn on the GPU acceleration for the 1050TI video card, rendering speed is just insane. Can render 10-15 minute full HD, 60FPS videos in one or two minutes (or less.) Of course, more RAM and an SSD helps a lot. 16GB should be okay, though. 32GB much better. But still, 16GB good base. Just try to avoid a motherboard with only two RAM slots, though. That way, you can pop in a couple more 8GB sticks later. In Windows 10, I find the difference between 16gb and 32gb to be like night and day. Especially, if you're like me and keep 50, 60 or even 100 tabs open in three or four different browsers.

Anyway, good luck with the system. Sounds like it will be a screamer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

BTW, I was looking at the SM Olongapo webpage and in indicates there is an ASUS store there:

https://www.smsupermalls.com/mall-locator/sm-city-olongapo/information

I have not noticed it but I am probably going there later and I will take a look.

PakWaan
Posted
Posted

I ordered it today and went with 32 GB RAM. 

I was at the ASUS store the other day. They had like one midrange desktop in stock. Everything else was laptops. 

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, PakWaan said:

I ordered it today and went with 32 GB RAM. 

I was at the ASUS store the other day. They had like one midrange desktop in stock. Everything else was laptops. 

Good decision. You won't be sorry. What MB are they using?

bows00
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think he is replacing a slightly outdated computer so anything will be better

Hey, that was the first computer I bought, the first Mac back around 1983?  I remember I was the only guy in school with a mouse. The first Mac had no hard drive, only a 3-1/2 inch floppy disk drive which just came out.  I paid (actually my father paid) around $2200 back then (which included a dot matrix printer).  

We have come a long way.  Based on exponential technologies, the speed of computers double and prices get cut in half every 5 years.  

• Like 1