Subdivision Regulations

Posted

Hi myself & my wife have bought a house in a subdivision in Davao where all the houses are the identical design.It looked larger on the plans & I feel its a bit too small for us to live together comfortably,my question is are we allowed to put a extension on our house so its more comfortable for us both?There's plenty of space as we bought a slightly larger lot than the normal size.As I said all the houses are the identical design & in Australia & some other countrys ur not even allowed to install solar panels on the roof's as it deemed unsightly.Also have any expats got Solar installed on their house's?Im told u can get a good set up for around P300,000 & even sell  electricity back to the grid during peak times through the day & avoid costly bills caused by ur A/Con & other Mod Con's.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Posted

In short, each subdivision has different rules and each subdivision has different levels of enforcement.  You will have to submit a plan to the subdivision owner or HOA for a permit and they will require a deposit to ensure you conform to the plan and do not damage a neighboring property.  If you are in a block of row houses, consider buying the one next to you and punching a hole in the wall to make the 2 houses into 1.

Solar is common.  Many expats in the Dumaguete area have solar and sell back to the grid.  One that I know of is in a subdivision, but back to paragraph one. Each subdivision has different rules.

• Like 2