Free Brandy. Carry what you can

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Lots of drunks for a few days :smile:

https://www.upi.com/Witnesses-raid-brandy-from-overturned-truck/6091534531278/

Witnesses raid brandy from overturned truck

Aug. 17 (UPI) -- A truck that overturned while taking a sharp corner in the Philippines spilled hundreds of bottles of brandy, many of which were taken by locals.

Witnesses said the truck overturned while taking a sharp turn on a mountain road in Quezon province and spilled hundreds of bottles of Emperador Brandy into the roadway.

Video from the scene shows drivers and locals grabbing the bottles from the road.

''People who saw what happened casually took a bottle and called for others so they can help with the 'scavenging.' The accident caused commotion and a lot of traffic," a Gumaca Municipal Police spokesman said.

No one was injured in the crash.

• Haha 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Imagine the good fortune of free brandy falling outside your door and misfortune of it being Emperador. :huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Lots of drunks for a few days :smile:

https://www.upi.com/Witnesses-raid-brandy-from-overturned-truck/6091534531278/

Witnesses raid brandy from overturned truck

Aug. 17 (UPI) -- A truck that overturned while taking a sharp corner in the Philippines spilled hundreds of bottles of brandy, many of which were taken by locals.

Witnesses said the truck overturned while taking a sharp turn on a mountain road in Quezon province and spilled hundreds of bottles of Emperador Brandy into the roadway.

Video from the scene shows drivers and locals grabbing the bottles from the road.

''People who saw what happened casually took a bottle and called for others so they can help with the 'scavenging.' The accident caused commotion and a lot of traffic," a Gumaca Municipal Police spokesman said.

No one was injured in the crash.

Reminds me of whisky  Galore , the story of the AS politician that ran aground of of the hebradean islands in Scotland,  the hills were full of the best scotch whisky 

As the locals started to help themselves , bearing in mind this was in war time and no whisky was to be has,  the locals stood on the deck looking into the ships holds , one hold contained boxes of cash the other hold was full of whisky , the local priest turned up, up there no one moves with out his say so 

He looked at the hold full of cash and said "that's the devil's temptation " and then pointed at the hold full of whisky and told his flock " now that's a gift from God "

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I went to the local sari store the other day and bought a bottle of Brandy.Then I thought what if I come off of my bike and it breaks.Well I drunk the Brandy and I was right to be concerned as on the way home I fell off of my bike 6 times.

:hystery: The old ones are the Best mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I went to the local sari store the other day and bought a bottle of Brandy.Then I thought what if I come off of my bike and it breaks.Well I drunk the Brandy and I was right to be concerned as on the way home I fell off of my bike 6 times.:SugarwareZ-047:

With just a bit more brandy you could have rode the other bike home.    :shades:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I wonder how much they paid the driver to roll his truck? :hystery::hystery::hystery:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/23/2018 at 11:05 PM, Gerald Glatt said:

With just a bit more brandy you could have rode the other bike home.    :shades:

And fall off 12 times.

• Love it 1