Olongapo In Top 5 Crime Volume Cities

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife told me about this earlier and I had to see it to believe it!  I never would have thought Olongapo would be in the top 5 crime volume cities (outside Manila) as I have never seen any street crime and only heard about a few burglaries.  A few years ago a wedding coordinator told us that armed men burst into his store and robbed him of everything valuable.

They give no detail as to how this was all determined.

Edited by Old55
Removed blog link
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

My wife told me about this earlier and I had to see it to believe it!  I never would have thought Olongapo would be in the top 5 crime volume cities (outside Manila) as I have never seen any street crime and only heard about a few burglaries.  A few years ago a wedding coordinator told us that armed men burst into his store and robbed him of everything valuable.

They give no detail as to how this was all determined.

I will not google it but I will assume that my hometown's population is among the top 5.  I was wondering Don, what would be the crime rate inside the former naval base?  

KC813
Posted
Posted

Just like anything we read in the news, we have to consider the source of the 'facts' and then personally decide how much credibility we want to attach to the facts.  The fun of living in an internet/social media world!

Crime stats are reported from the lowest government levels, often by the people who have the strongest incentive to underreport crime to keep their jobs or to accommodate the bragging rights of local politicians. 

I'm not saying the numbers are wrong, but sometimes you have to wonder if some localities are more accurate then others . . .

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, KC813 said:

we have to consider the source of the 'facts'

I was also recently made aware that you need to keep an eye out for "alternative facts" :hystery:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Beats me a moderator removed a blog link?  How long does it take before  members need to understand the rules or even know what is allowed. ?????  Yeah same as law enforcement here.

Please get with the program or i will enforce the delete  rule.  :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Beats me a moderator removed a blog link?  How long does it take before  members need to understand the rules or even know what is allowed. ?????  Yeah same as law enforcement here.

Please get with the program or i will enforce the delete  rule.  :thumbsup:

It looked like a newspaper article even fooled me for a moment. I can understand how he was fooled.  

Edited by Old55

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Old55 said:

It looked like a newspaper article even fooled me for a moment. I can understand how he was fooled.  

Honestly I am sick of what is going on and the amount of deleted members or banned idiots because of this is just getting to me. All members read the rules please. . 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Please get with the program or i will enforce the delete  rule. 

2 hours ago, Old55 said:

Sorry, you guys are going to have to explain to me why that is a blog.  It is a local news company that I follow on FB.  They have an office near my daughter's school and I'm sure it is not some single blogger.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/25/2018 at 10:20 AM, OnMyWay said:

Sorry, you guys are going to have to explain to me why that is a blog.  It is a local news company that I follow on FB.  They have an office near my daughter's school and I'm sure it is not some single blogger.

Send me a link via PM please as I did not see it personally. :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Send me a link via PM please as I did not see it personally. :thumbsup:

What I saw was a community blog hosting news and other information. I’m not being a link Nazi but until I hear different blogs are not to be used. I’m willing to stop removing blog links if it’s pertinent to a story like in this case. I don’t have the judgment to make that call. I mean no disrespect.

• Like 1