Buying Land and Property

Tiger32
Posted
Posted

Fascinating reading guys.... Obviously first step is a trustworthy lawyer. Can anyone recommend one please? For Leyte (Cebu lawyer orc Manila OK for that?)

Thanks In Advance,

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Chris32 said:

Fascinating reading guys.... Obviously first step is a trustworthy lawyer. Can anyone recommend one please? For Leyte (Cebu lawyer orc Manila OK for that?)

Thanks In Advance,

If you use an attorney it is best to use one local to where you are buying the property.  If you use one from outside the area he will charge you for transport, accommodation and time if he has to register the title and pay taxes for you.  Those things are done in the province where the land is.  

I'm sure the majority of attorneys are decent but there are still some that bump the price up.  Look at 1% of the purchase price to knock up the deed of sale.  If he does all the title transfer etc it'll vary.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Chris32 said:

Obviously first step is a trustworthy lawyer.

I think it relates to many moons ago with my first wife. I said to my lawyer when I was in a in a distressed state;  who will win out of all of this, his honest reply was, I will  :SugarwareZ-034:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Neal
Posted
Posted

What I can not understands is how a foreigner can buy land if he das not have a good partner that he can trust?????

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Neal said:

What I can not understands is how a foreigner can buy land if he das not have a good partner that he can trust?

Exactly.  The system is designed for foreigners to help their Filipina partner buy land or for foreign investors to participate (with Filipinos they trust) in owning up to 40% of the land for certain investment purposes.  Most other examples will trigger the anti-dummy laws if challenged.  Foreigners cannot buy land here, legitimately.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1