best way to have a bank card sent to the philippines

peterfe
Posted
Posted

DHL, TNT and probably other couriers don't allow you to send credit/debit cards (even if not activated). But an Internet search reveals that a good many people have had bank cards sent by DHL and others without problems. If there's almost no money in the account, I personally can't see any great risk involved or reason why you shouldn't "break the rules", hide the card in some papers and call the shipment "documents". What else are we expats supposed to do, buy a plane ticket home just to pick up a credit card? I've had various documents sent by DHL in the past and there's never been any sign that the envelope has been opened. But I wonder about scanning, either by DHL or customs. Probably a card would show up as a rectangle between a few sheets of paper, although it might not show up at all if it was placed between two postcards between some documents. Any thoughts on the best (if not actually permitted) way of having a bank card sent here? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My mother sent my bank card to me by registered mail and it took about 3 1/2 weeks from Canada to Dumaguete.  No questions were asked.  She did not write anywhere that a credit card was enclosed.  Perhaps it was risky but that is what worked for me.

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I've had FedEx send me new cards from the US without issue. I imagine that document envelopes without declarations go through whatever processing they get without much more than a glance if that.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I've had FedEx send me new cards from the US without issue. I imagine that document envelopes without declarations go through whatever processing they get without much more than a glance if that.

I did the same when I was using Travelling Mailbox as my address. They sent them to me using FedEx. No problems.

• Like 1