Dumaguete starting to enforce some laws

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This from the HeadzUp newsletter that gets its info from an insider at the Dumaguete PNP

On Sept 3, 2018 at arnd 8AM, the personnel of PHPT Neg Or led by PSINSP SILVESTRE CENIA JR., Provincial Officer conducted implementation of Anti-carnapping Operation, Oplan Disiplinadong Driver and implementation of R.A. 4136 and in relation to Oplan Clean Rider in different areas of Dgte City, Negros Oriental.

The operation resulted to the confiscation of nine (9) drivers license and issuance of nine (9) TOPs for the following violations:
Unregistered - 2
reckless driving - 2
failure to carry OR/CR - 2
MV with unauthorized accessories - 1
not wearing seatbelt - 1
unauthorized modification - 2
no plate attached - 1
illegal attachment of blinkers - 1

The confiscated drivers license will be turned over to LTO Dist Office for proper disposition.

Source: HPG NegrosOr

Looks like they are not accepting the "For Registration" excuse anymore, when they choose to enforce it.

Unauthorized accessories could be LED High Beams which are very nice but illegal (as I was recently told at an inspection by LTO but the guy who inspected me was not as strict as the above report).

Not wearing a seatbelt?  I see very few in Dumaguete wearing their seatbelt so I wonder who the unlucky person was who got fined for that.

No plate attached.  Some members, including myself, have not bothered to attach a plate as the LTO has not issued one.  Seems they are no longer accepting that excuse.

Of course we can all do what most do:  Stay back 100 meters from the stop check and wait for them to move on :7481:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Unauthorized accessories could be LED High Beams which are very nice but illegal

Could also be different colored LED lights l see on many cars here. :Policeman:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not wearing a seatbelt?  I see very few in Dumaguete wearing their seatbelt so I wonder who the unlucky person was who got fined for that.

I'm guilty of that, never worn a seat belt here. suppose if I see a checkpoint I could stop 100 meters and put the seatbelt on  :shades:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

It’s common in Ozamiz (not so much in Cagayan) to see a line of motorcyclists pulled over just before a check point who’re either stopped to put on a helmet (lots carry them but don’t wear them) or just stopped and waiting (no registration, no license... who knows).  Car drivers just tend to slow down, the check points around here tend to pay much closer attention to motorcycle riders.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, jimeve said:

I'm guilty of that, never worn a seat belt here. suppose if I see a checkpoint I could stop 100 meters and put the seatbelt on  :shades:

Force of habit I suppose but I always wear a seatbelt and make sure my wife does.I told her to put her seatbelt on the other and after about 30 seconds she hit me, well we were on the motorbike.

• Haha 5