Price comparison flights

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I checked out the price for a flight from london to davao during april 2019 the quotes are around 550 gb pound's 

On exactly the same dates flying from davao to London the quotes are 850 gb pounds 

Same trip in different directions same airline costs 300 quid more , i assume this is becsuse of some kind of tourist concession 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Check other options.

Agreed.  I booked an Air Canada flight from Hong Kong to Vancouver and back through a Hong Kong based travel agent at a much cheaper price than I would have got from a Canadian site or from Air Can itself.  They dump tickets there for cheap.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, bastonjock said:

On exactly the same dates flying from davao to London the quotes are 850 gb pounds 

Outbound from the Philippines is always more. I believe it's the airport terminal fee now known as the International Passenger Service Charge (IPSC). 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This question has come up before, it’s a good topic. I can’t find the old one to link.

Have you asked a local ticket agent? They may save you some $$$$. Ask for a promo price be flexible in itinerary or layovers. 

JJ is correct, here in the States and I would think overseas too some ticket/travel  agencies buy bulk airline tickets as a commodity. Those agencies are known as ticket consolidators or bucket shops. They also may provide lower price.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

When my wife and son travelled to the UK one way I waited until London opened then bought thr tickets over the phone. A lot cheaper than buying the same tickets in the Philippines. It's to do with competition.

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I tried the online fare/booking search thing on several different websites last month, aware of the cookie thing, best fare i could come up with was about 2100 cad. which i thought was outrageous. Went to a travel agent and she found me a fare of about 1200cad. It only cost 40 bucks for the service.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Before the Internet, both Hong Kong and London were known as bucket shops for inexpensive tickets. Maybe this is still true.  From the Philippines, it was cheaper to fly to Hong Kong at a cheap rate and then book international tickets. As mentioned by Jollygoodfellow, one possible reason for higher Philippine prices are the government taxes.

By the way, according to several newspaper articles, the best time to purchase tickets is 60 to 90 days before your desired departure date.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

before your desired departure date.

But not many desire to depart let alone choose the date but I guess it's cheaper to know as you can pre arrange the funeral and choose your own coffin.  :whistling:

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But not many desire to depart let alone choose the date but I guess it's cheaper to know as you can pre arrange the funeral and choose your own coffin.  :whistling:

Don't forget. Many airlines offer a bereavement fare. Remains are transported as cargo in a sealed aluminum coffin. 

• Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1