Bottled gas up again

Foreigner
Posted
Posted

A few days back, my filipina suggested switching to Induction Cooking (from bottled gas), because she's tired of running out of gas in the middle of cooking a meal...

cook.JPG

but now I can see more and more reasons to make the switch :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

but now I can see more and more reasons to make the switch :tiphat:

Oooops.jpg Sunday foo par just happened see next post embarrased  man.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

she's tired of running out of gas in the middle of cooking a meal...

1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Let's not forget the Brownout EH? :laugh: Not all is win, win :tongue:

Just saying G & G's:huh:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

An 11 KG bottle of gas in Valencia market is 900 peso and that is across the board. Gas cylinders are safe if maintained correctly.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

An 11 KG bottle of gas in Valencia market is 900 peso and that is across the board. Gas cylinders are safe if maintained correctly.

True but that's hard to do when the cylinders are exchanged rather than refilled.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

True but that's hard to do when the cylinders are exchanged rather than refilled.

The bottles should be examined by the retailer,so if yours is not safe they will not accept it for exchange.I don`t know about the side st dealers who sell the little cylinders.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

The bottles should be examined by the retailer,so if yours is not safe they will not accept it for exchange.I don`t know about the side st dealers who sell the little cylinders.

I'm not sure how it works in other areas but the only gas bottles we use are 9 kilogram small ones that are hooked to the gas cooker (at my house in rural Australia I have 2 45kg bottles for my gas cooker which are much larger than the ones we us in the Philippines).

The 9kg bottles (which can be blue or orange depending upon which company they are bought from) are delivered by a local guy to houses in the subdivision 2 at a time on the back of a motorbike (he picks up the empties at the same time he delivers a full one) and they come from a shop closer into CDO.

Some of them have obvious rust (although it appears to be surface rust), I honestly don't know how much rust 'is safe'

Edited by GeoffH

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I honestly don't know how much rust 'is safe'.

Well according to the Texans in Austin, about this much

Rusty bridge.jpg

• Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 9/8/2018 at 10:48 AM, Rooster said:

The EC Gas Location near me charged 5,200 per tank. Included the Hose and valve.

Then when you refill, they come to the house and you pay 880 pesos and they install a new tank.  If you no longer want their services return the tank and get the deposit back.

For me, it's worth it. Safety for me and my family is paramount compared to having those unpredictable metal tanks.

xxxxx.JPG

Those tanks look very similar to the type supplied fir motorhomes aka RVs 

Those arr refill type cylinders and they do not fill them to 100% they cut off at 80% 

In europe i drive my motorhome to a petrol station and fill up my tanks with lpg , its a system that pays for itself after 10 top ups ,the gas work's out at less than half the cost 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I'm not sure how it works in other areas but the only gas bottles we use are 9 kilogram small ones that are hooked to the gas cooker (at my house in rural Australia I have 2 45kg bottles for my gas cooker which are much larger than the ones we us in the Philippines).

The 9kg bottles (which can be blue or orange depending upon which company they are bought from) are delivered by a local guy to houses in the subdivision 2 at a time on the back of a motorbike (he picks up the empties at the same time he delivers a full one) and they come from a shop closer into CDO.

Some of them have obvious rust (although it appears to be surface rust), I honestly don't know how much rust 'is safe'

To check them properly  you need an ultrasonic probe , there isa minimum wall thicknesses required to maintain the integrity of the tank  ,also annually  the valve shoukd be removed and an internal inspections carried out ,any corrosion can be removed using steel ball beatings  and a machine thar rotates thr cylinders