The aftermath of getting a 13a visa with single entry; what is next; guidance please!

Saad Rayes
Posted
Posted

I am a Saudi married to a Filipina that works here in Saudi and we plan to move to the Philippines to start a business and reside there early next year.  I applied for a 13A visa through the Embassy and got it and will be visiting the Philippines for a few weeks in about 2 weeks to follow on a few business leads and make arrangements for a home. 

Kindly guide me what to do next; responding to each numbered question will help me through the process and become a guide for all new applicants guessing what to do next:

1.       The 13A visa indicates single entry; what does single entry mean; does it mean I have to visit the BI office during this visit to give biometric information or change the visa type or validity?

2.       Should I immediately visit a BI office, what are the documentation they require and what forms should I fill out and bring, how long will it take to complete the process with BI if I have all the forms ready upon submittal?

3.       Is it faster to submit the requirements in a BI office in Manila, or is it the same time and process in regional offices like Zamboanga or Davao?

4.       Can I pick up BI produced IDs or immigration documents when they finish from the same submitted office or they need to be sent to me by mail?

5.       Am I required to get an ACR-I card; does it have to be on the first trip after getting the 13a visa (this coming trip for me) or can it be delayed when I have more time on following trips; how long will it take to get this ACR-I?

6.       What happens if I do not have time to visit the BI office on this trip due to time constraints, can I still do it on the next trip or would that require me to apply for a new 13A visa and go through the process and fees again?

Many thanks for taking the time to answer these inquiries.  I am sure many applicants will be looking for guidance on the same.

Regards,

Sall

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Hi - Is it a probationary or permanent 13A?

When I got mine, I applied in Hong Kong and it was issued there and permanent from day 1 but I'm not sure if this system has now changed for 13A Visas issued outside the Philippines.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Saad Rayes said:

1.       The 13A visa indicates single entry; what does single entry mean; does it mean

It means you have 3 months to enter the Philippines from the date the visa was issued.

You are best to ask questions on the BI Facebook page messenger. Send them a message. https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/

I think most of our members have applied for a 13a while in the Philippines.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It means you have 3 months to enter the Philippines from the date the visa was issued.

You are best to ask questions on the BI Facebook page messenger. Send them a message. https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/

I think most of our members have applied for a 13a while in the Philippines.

When I got my 13A in Hong Kong I was given 12 months from the date of issue to enter but that was in 2014 so things may have changed since

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The Philippines can be quite old fashioned in many ways. The 13a is a residence visa and they would much prefer you to be a resident.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

When I got my 13A in Hong Kong I was given 12 months from the date of issue to enter but that was in 2014 so things may have changed since

Quoted from  some Embassy site which I forget but as to what a single entry means for a 13a on that site its 3 months but you are correct as who knows as many things are not updated so as I say it's best to try to get answers from those who are meant to know but at the same time I see we get different answers from the BI depending on the day and who is the spokesperson.

• Like 1