coming for 29 days in February. Gameplan?

usa32
Posted
Posted

I am flying into manilla in February, staying at the city of the dreams for a few nights to get sleep, and get my bearings.

As a first timer, what would be your plan?  My goals are to see some of the country, and meet non working women, to see where that leads.

I plan on seeing palawan at some point. But outside of that, game plan is pretty open.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Also, would you recommend, getting on a good dating site, and meeting some girls, and find the ones you would be interested in meeting?

I already talk to some on facebook for a long while.

Gator
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, usa32 said:

I am flying into manilla in February, staying at the city of the dreams for a few nights to get sleep, and get my bearings.

As a first timer, what would be your plan?  My goals are to see some of the country, and meet non working women, to see where that leads.

I plan on seeing palawan at some point. But outside of that, game plan is pretty open.

Any suggestions?

Not much to go on. Depends on your hobbies - diving / snorkeling? Photography? Bar hopping / clubbing? Billiard? Etc. Am sure you’ll find plenty to keep you occupied - especially if you plan on meeting some ladies 😉.  

As far dating sites go, there’s a thread here for that, but keep in mind that most of us here on this forum are married with families or in LTR’s. Hence, we have no or little use for dating sites. All I can say is that if do post on one of them, then be honest about what you seek......dating only or seeking a LTR / marriage. 

Hope you have a safe and pleasant trip. 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wellcome to the forum. :tiphat:

Is this your first visit to Philippines?

I like your idea getting out to the country then meeting a nice lady there. I'm not sure how the online date stuff goes but we have members   who have met there wife that way. If you have made online friends at facebook then it seems you may have things well in hand already.

One month seems like a long time but will pass very quickly. 

• Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted (edited)

Depends what sort of woman you want. If you want the middle class type who makes decent money then stay in Manila and just talk to women in Starbucks etc. Want the really good looking and/or old fashioned type then go to the province. Smaller cities like IloIlo would be good for that. You could visit smaller real provincial towns but would be a bit of a culture shock for your first time if you're by yourself.
Filipinocupid and dateinasia are the main 2 dating sites.

Cebu, Palwan, Bohol, Baguio, Siargao, Boracay are some of the main tourist destinations. 

Edited by fillipino_wannabe
  • Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Depends what sort of woman you want. If you want the middle class type who makes decent money then stay in Manila and just talk to women in Starbucks etc. Want the really good looking and/or old fashioned type then go to the province. Smaller cities like IloIlo would be good for that. You could visit smaller real provincial towns but would be a bit of a culture shock for your first time if you're by yourself.
Filipinocupid and dateinasia are the main 2 dating sites.

Cebu, Palwan, Bohol, Baguio, Siargao, Boracay are some of the main tourist destinations. 

I'm not so sure places like Iloilo are such a great place to find a girlfriend - it's where I am and from what I can see they tend to be far less comfortable around western guys in general - there are just not that many of us here. And there are limited places to actually meet them. 

As for being really good looking - I'm obviously going to the wrong places!

• Hmm thinking 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2018 at 5:10 AM, usa32 said:

My goals are to see some of the country, and meet non working women,

:89: There are plenty of them but can be troublesome.

My Wife who is Middle aged (52) does not let go of me in Supermarkets and Department Stores. Now I am no Oil painting at allPeter thinking.jpg But most times I get to be a magnet for Ladies of most ages,  [They Flirt and I respond]  :laugh: when I can get away with it and find it easy to strike up conversations, If and that is a mighty BIG IF I had to do it all over again, That is where I would Start, at the Stores, most of those Ladies are not Stupid, They know what life can be all about if things work out. Now Because they earn (albeit not a lot) they tend not to be the gold diggers, you may come across in the non working Arena  Just my thoughts on things 

Jack:wink:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

There are plenty of them but can be troublesome

There I go assuming again.  I assumed the OP was referring to working girls (click for the definition I thought he meant) vs non-working girls.  I would never suggest your wife was that kind of "working girl" and I think the OP is wise to look for a non-working girl if I have assumed his meaning correctly.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think the OP is wise to look for a non-working girl if I have assumed his meaning correctly.

what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg TUT. TUT. Young man  perhaps the OP is really on the wrong type of Forum for anything other than  suggestions about nice Girls to meet. For sure my mind is never in the gutter But each to our own :wink:

@usa32

for the OP, Should our Dave have assumed right then the bars are for you

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

for the OP, Should our Dave have assumed right then the bars are for you

He said non working so that would mean an every day average woman and not a bargirl so I dont think the bars are for his search.