coming for 29 days in February. Gameplan?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 9/19/2018 at 6:48 AM, GeoffH said:

As an alternative to a socket type wall adaptor (if you're going to be in a country long term) most laptop adaptors have a separate 'pig tail' power lead which plugs into the transformer box (normally a 2 or 3 pin socket in the side of that box).  You can buy those pig tail leads with different types of plugs on the end.

It's interesting to note that nowadays most plugs are sealed and therefore it's less easy to simply fit a suitable plug onto the lead. I guess it's all part of the general trend towards making things safe which is a good thing but at the same time less convenient.   

Seth
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, hk blues said:

It's interesting to note that nowadays most plugs are sealed and therefore it's less easy to simply fit a suitable plug onto the lead. I guess it's all part of the general trend towards making things safe which is a good thing but at the same time less convenient.   

What do you mean? You can always cut any plug off, strip the wires, and attach the suitable plug of your choice. I've done this many times. In fact it's my (weird) hobby.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Seth said:

You can always cut any plug off, strip the wires, and attach the suitable plug of your choice. I've done this many times.

So have I... but I wonder how long before they stop selling plugs designed to be put on bare wires?

There seems to be ever reducing numbers of 'repair' components for electrical and electronic 'things'.

Seth
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

So have I... but I wonder how long before they stop selling plugs designed to be put on bare wires?

There seems to be ever reducing numbers of 'repair' components for electrical and electronic 'things'.

Well yes, thats certainly true. I have a half dozen of each type of electrical and electronic component I think I will need in the future. And people need to stop buying Eye-Phones and other junk that come with non replaceable batteries.

usa32
Posted
Posted

So any opinions, on where I should travel and for how long.

I am in manilla for 3 days after landing.  

I definitely want to make it to palawan, for probably 3-4 days at least, with 1 or 2 of those days being in el nido

Someone recommend, i should check out cebu/cebu city.

Any other must sees, or good places to meet quality women?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, usa32 said:

Only if I am with you and you are paying for drinks :tiphat: Quality women obviously have been found all over just the same as disasters I see and hear in the making.  My only advice is sometimes all is not what it seems. 

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

Yeah man if you are in the area, we should meet up for a day, are you actually cebu city, or somewhere else on cebu?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I have a belt that looks like an ordinary black trouser belt , it has a zip on the inside that I use to carry 1000p bills in , I also have a throwaway wallet , the belt is available on Amazon 

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 9/16/2018 at 7:11 AM, usa32 said:

You mean there is a way if I can philipine peso before getting on the plane?

I figure you just bring american dollars, and exchange at airport.

Thats what I always did. Exchanged some in the airport and more at a bank later for a better rate. It's just so much  easier and convenient.

I bought adapter plugs before my first trip but never used them. Nearly every hotel and for that matter most rental apartments and houses take American plugs. But voltage is a different story. Your phone and computer are variable voltage but many electrical items are not.

Edited by davewe

Gary D
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2018 at 1:23 PM, usa32 said:

So any opinions, on where I should travel and for how long.

I am in manilla for 3 days after landing.  

I definitely want to make it to palawan, for probably 3-4 days at least, with 1 or 2 of those days being in el nido

Any other must sees, or good places to meet quality women?

Don't forget to add traveling times, 1-2  days in El Nido is at least a 3-4 day trip. From Manila 5-6 days.