Baguio

marine6357
Posted
Posted

Ok planning my upcoming trip here and was hoping to get any info about Baguio. I will be staying there for 2 to 3 nights the first week in October and wondering if aircon is a necessity in the room? Also is there enough to do there for 3 days time other then shop? any recommendations on places to stay and see while there would be great. Thank you in advance. I am open to anything for suggestions. I will be with a lady so not anything seedy please.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, marine6357 said:

Ok planning my upcoming trip here and was hoping to get any info about Baguio. I will be staying there for 2 to 3 nights the first week in October and wondering if aircon is a necessity in the room? Also is there enough to do there for 3 days time other then shop? any recommendations on places to stay and see while there would be great. Thank you in advance. I am open to anything for suggestions. I will be with a lady so not anything seedy please.

Still pretty warm that time of the year so bank on a air con. As for sightseeing, if your lady friend is from that area, she'll know of plenty of places, if she isn't she will have some idea once you tell her what you like.

Just a little bit of advice, if your a drinker, curb it while your over there, you will enjoy yourself more and so will your lady friend. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:enjoy.

marine6357
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Just a little bit of advice, if your a drinker,

Not a drinker haven't been for over 20 years so no worries. But thanks for the advice. She is not from there she is from Mindanao so not sure what she knows about baguio.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Clermont
Posted
Posted

If she doesn't know at least you have one thing in your favor, she can communicate with PI's and she will protect you from being scammed TOO much. Just use all the safety precautions about nightlife and back streets, but don't be afraid to go out, just stick to well light areas of a night. You'll be alright mate, an unplanned holiday is more fun, just go with the swing of things, but be prepared to put the foot down a bit if she wants to think of you as an ATM and go on expensive trips. Look up on the internet for cheaper hotels and pick a couple out, most hotels over there are relatively the same, just the price varies and make sure it is a 24 hr desk with bell boys or guards, less hassle. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Clermont said:

If she doesn't know at least you have one thing in your favor, she can communicate with PI's and she will protect you from being scammed TOO much. Just use all the safety precautions about nightlife and back streets, but don't be afraid to go out, just stick to well light areas of a night. You'll be alright mate, an unplanned holiday is more fun, just go with the swing of things, but be prepared to put the foot down a bit if she wants to think of you as an ATM and go on expensive trips. Look up on the internet for cheaper hotels and pick a couple out, most hotels over there are relatively the same, just the price varies and make sure it is a 24 hr desk with bell boys or guards, less hassle. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

If she is from Mindanao her Tagalog might not be too good and as a foreigner herself will be open to scams as well.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

If she is from Mindanao her Tagalog might not be too good and as a foreigner herself will be open to scams as well.

Yes Gary true that. a perspective I certainly never thought of  :thumbsup:

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes Gary true that. a perspective I certainly never thought of  :thumbsup:

We were at a market in Olongapo and the wife wanted some dried fish, evil stuff, anyway we aproached a couple of women  venders sitting with their basket of fish. The two venders were talking back and forward in visayan about us as the business was done, half way through the wife had switched from tagalog to visayan and it took a moment for them to catch on.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, marine6357 said:

I'm considered a low lander because I live near the beach 55km from Baguio for 35 years now. Since you are not a drinker and wish to likely romanticize her I suggest The Manor at Camp John Hay. Camp John Hay used to be the R&R Location for US Military. Take her for lunch at the John Hay Golf Club. Mini Golf, many other fine restaurants & R&R activities on John Hay. Visit Mines View Park, Burnham Park. Taxis are inexpensive & everywhere. You will not need an Air Con Room. Many live bands playing in a relaxing atmosphere nearby. If you were a drinker and a girly bar hopper I could provide many suggestions :smile:   

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 2

marine6357
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Rooster said:

If you were a drinker and a girly bar hopper I could provide many suggestions

Well if things dont work out then who knows? send me a Pm....

Joke lang...:hystery:

• Haha 1