Hmmmmmm another 1+ hour invite for eating and no company

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: I just don't seem to be able to get over to my wife even after all these years, that i don't like impromptu Birthday meal with the extended family that are mentioned 1+ hour before it happens. I can't eat the food ( and it is always the same and always cold) My diet is just not compatible which is why I like to eat at home or a restaurant I know when I am there, after the obligatory "Hellos" I get sat in a Corner and my Wife just brings me some food then disappears to Chinwag with those that she Chinwags with quite a lot at night on FB. NAH! say I you go, I know it probably sounds Nit picking BUT when i say OH let's go to So and So's there is always an excuse, She (My wife wanted a Home away from the Family YET! insists on Going back to the Big house at every available Opportunity. Things are just not the same for me now "Lola" has passed on and the family have become Fragmented and only those without Vision are left there. Same boring Food, same conversations that was only spoken about Yesterday on the Phone or FB yet  just can't see that I am getting to be a recluse because  they [she] will not understand That Variety is the Spice of Life, not Stagnation

:508: Rant Over Time for a beer :wink:

All this is after the Weekly Trip to the Cemetery which for me is also a Big NO, NO,  Culture is one thing But...........................

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

the Weekly Trip to the Cemetery

You are doing so much better than I.  There have been friends pass away and I know where they are interred and I often say to myself I should go visit, but it doesn't have the same tranquil, respectful feel as it does in other countries.  

The ones I have seen are similar to this

Cemetary example.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

If that was a rant it was entertaining. Oh boy, what a subject. Narrow parochial lives so they gossip. 

• Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:unsure: I just don't seem to be able to get over to my wife even after all these years, that i don't like impromptu Birthday meal with the extended family that are mentioned 1+ hour before it happens. I can't eat the food ( and it is always the same and always cold) My diet is just not compatible which is why I like to eat at home or a restaurant I know when I am there, after the obligatory "Hellos" I get sat in a Corner and my Wife just brings me some food then disappears to Chinwag with those that she Chinwags with quite a lot at night on FB. NAH! say I you go, I know it probably sounds Nit picking BUT when i say OH let's go to So and So's there is always an excuse, She (My wife wanted a Home away from the Family YET! insists on Going back to the Big house at every available Opportunity. Things are just not the same for me now "Lola" has passed on and the family have become Fragmented and only those without Vision are left there. Same boring Food, same conversations that was only spoken about Yesterday on the Phone or FB yet  just can't see that I am getting to be a recluse because  they [she] will not understand That Variety is the Spice of Life, not Stagnation

:508: Rant Over Time for a beer :wink:

All this is after the Weekly Trip to the Cemetery which for me is also a Big NO, NO,  Culture is one thing But...........................

Jack i know just how you feel, i get the same but its to Emma's friends houses and i will ask who is going and its the same 1 bloke and me if i choose to go, and just like you after the kiss kissing i am sat down out of  shouting range and the food is brought to me after i have said i dont fancy any, it would be better if there where more men where i could chat away but they dont seem to come, i am sure i am invited only as the taxi driver and the offical photographer , the only good side to all this is the puddings in my eyes  , plus the pretty ladies too, but that last bit is between us only.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

You're lucky.  I'm busy trying to explain to my friend that when you invite the locals and they say they're coming chances are something else crops up and the forget to mention it.  Twice now he has spent a fortune on food and drink to be sat there with his partner and a table full of food and a BBQ just burning charcoal.

Even my partners college friends are the same.  I offered to do a BBQ for them (about 10) as long as they confirmed they are coming and will come.  My partner wondered why I hadn't bought anything on the day of the BBQ and I explained once I get a confirmation I'll go shopping.  Sure enough no one arrived.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My wife, who is semi-vegetarian, solved the food issue problem.  She would bring a wonderful, large bowl of salad and dressing. Any protest ("You shouldn't have!) is dismissed with the explanation that it is an American tradition to contribute. Then, that's all she would eat.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

What amazed me most here is the amount they can consume, obviously its free how ever the sheer quantity never ceases to surprise me.

We had the sister and aunty down here for a couple of days...(my limit) and after a very good sized meal at my friends resto around 3pm...They we at it again at 6pm, again large amounts, on average twice what I can eat yet I am twice their size.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

the amount they can consume

Did you check pockets and purses?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, it’s amazing the quantity of food our wife’s can consume in a short time if it’s something special. We had a party today a pig lasted 20 minuets.

8AF42E50-A537-4A9C-BF0E-7DBC71866038.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2