Car hire

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gas said:

When driving along the Skyway there is a huge billboard advertising car hire for 999php per day. I think the picture is a of a Mitsubishi Mirage or Toyota Wigo which is probably a tad small for you. Some of the major companies have outlets at the airport, but they probably charge a arm and a leg. I would look at some of the smaller companies away from the airport.

You can always use me again and work for your keep!

Found it online. Its a Wigo and pretty small.

https://www.reservecarrentals.com.ph/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5s3cBRCAARIsAB8ZjU2CQbimMnBkIurxmxXCf1Qi5IuLYwoTB9unWBzgyP3X0hfq8YyCqfMaAnqZEALw_wcB

Cheers me dears , but i remember too much work and i was expecting more ,MUCH MORE

oliver_twist-more.jpg

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, stevewool said:

i was expecting more ,MUCH MORE

How much more were you expecting?  I took a look at the link and saw:

Mercedes Benz C200

PHP   7,500 CHAUFFEUR DRIVE • 5HRS

PHP 15,000 CHAUFFEUR DRIVE • 10HRS

Now that sounds like as good as it gets, for those wanting more.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gas said:

however Steve is well built bloke

Thank you.  but i am sure i could sqeeze into one.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well thank you all for the replies, the next time we get to the Philippines we shall be based in Marikina so i shall look around that area, never no may even use the motorbike we brought a year back for a few trips , maybe to the shops and back.

• I'm Confused 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well thank you all for the replies, the next time we get to the Philippines we shall be based in Marikina so i shall look around that area, never no may even use the motorbike we brought a year back for a few trips , maybe to the shops and back.

Just google car hire in your area.

8 hours ago, Gas said:

Steve is well built bloke 

I have heard that from several women so its not just his ego talking. :smile:

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

Keep an eye on olx.  Here is one:

https://www.olx.ph/item/van-rental-ID8tYmn.html?h=34a21ac310

• Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
On 9/9/2018 at 4:54 AM, stevewool said:

I’ve rented self drive cars a few times in Cebu. Cost was 1,400 to 1,800 pesos per day for a Honda Jazz (not very comfy on longer 4+ hour drives, but fine around the city) and a Toyota Vios (was ok). When I rented the Honda the agency also required a refundable 8k damage deposit; the deposit was the deductible on their insurance policy so in case of a major crash they were covered. No issues getting the deposit back when I turned the car in.

If you do decide to rent a self drive car then be sure to do a thorough inspection and note any damage, regardless of how minor, on the rental form; in addition take photos. Also check fluid levels (one time the Toyota was low on window washer fluid and oil) and that it has a spare tire (inflated?) as well as a jack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have rented a few times. A generic SUV cost me approximately 2000 pesos per day for a one week rental. I rented from a small private company that had maybe half a dozen vehicles. I found the rental by looking at the classifieds in the local english language newspaper. That was 4-5 years ago. Might cost more now. As others have said, make sure you inspect it well, take pictures and note any problems on the contract you sign. For just a single day renting a car with driver works out well. But if you are planning a longer trip it may be better to get a rental without a driver.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gator said:

as well as a jack

Jack P might like to go on the trip. Expenses paid of course . :7481:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Jack P might like to go on the trip. Expenses paid of course . :7481:

:hungover_40_anim_gif: Phew Hmmmmmmmm :7500: another Boozy Trip? Ok I will think about it :shooter: