No water again !

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I really dont get why all the rainwater run off from the roofs is not harvested.

The first and second houses I rented in Cebu had a rainwater collection system.  The water was good enough for flushing toilets or watering the lawn but not much else.  The pollution in the air and on the roof and in the gutters made the water filthy.  I suppose something could have been done to make it cleaner but I was just renting (from other foreigners, needless to say.)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The first and second houses I rented in Cebu had a rainwater collection system.  The water was good enough for flushing toilets or watering the lawn but not much else.  The pollution in the air and on the roof and in the gutters made the water filthy.  I suppose something could have been done to make it cleaner but I was just renting (from other foreigners, needless to say.)

The tanks that I once made had a domed bottom meaning the sediment stayed there and the outlets were above this which prevent much of the crappy stuff from being used. All farm houses in Australia rely on tanks and there is dust in the air on a farm too. Maybe in the heart of the cities the pollution is a problem but I'm sure many areas out of the city would be fine for tanks.

Gas
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I really dont get why all the rainwater run off from the roofs is not harvested. My working life at 15/16 started off making portable concrete tanks which were delivered to farm houses and many places. Now days they use fiberglass but same principle is the guttering is connected to a strainer on the roof of the tank and even a light shower causes water to top the tank up. 

Similar to these.  Then the other thing is why dont they use windmills on bores and springs to pump water? 

I would imagine it has to do with initial set up costs. I have have often thought about using solar panels, but when you look at the overall expenses it means we would never get back our return on investment.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gas said:

I would imagine it has to do with initial set up costs. I have have often thought about using solar panels, but when you look at the overall expenses it means we would never get back our return on investment.

Tanks like fiberglass are quite cheap, well in Australia but concrete lasts a long time so a tank would be a good investment if made right just for those who often have issues with water supply. 

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Looks like i hag to give a gift of 750 pesos of pipe to the local indigenous people ,the one thing that i am anoyed about is that gf gave the purok leader permission to tap off my supply ,shes very happy by all accounts ,so would i if someone just shelled out all that money and i get free water from it lol

Gas
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Tanks like fiberglass are quite cheap, well in Australia but concrete lasts a long time so a tank would be a good investment if made right just for those who often have issues with water supply. 

Snowy 79 recommends his caretakers husband for the job :ohmy:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Looks like i hag to give a gift of 750 pesos of pipe to the local indigenous people...

And so it begins...:whistling:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

gf gave the purok leader permission to tap off my supply

Wonder who will be tapping into "his" supply :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
On 9/12/2018 at 10:43 AM, intrepid said:

Yes that sounds like a good price.  Does that include the tank also or just the tower?  What size tank you installing?

That includes the tank which will be about 4x capacity of my current metal one. The plastic tanks are very much cheaper and have a far longer lifespan than the metal ones.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Looks like i hag to give a gift of 750 pesos of pipe to the local indigenous people ,the one thing that i am anoyed about is that gf gave the purok leader permission to tap off my supply ,shes very happy by all accounts ,so would i if someone just shelled out all that money and i get free water from it lo

The 750 peso should be able to buy multiple "T" connectors for your neighbors. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2