Jack of all trades, Master of none

RBM
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bastonjock said:

The gf is heading up to the farm lot this week  ,she says its to make sure that the workers do a good job ,we have had a small bang house built and finished and the electricity and water get connected this week , papa who is a master carpenter (allegedly) has been employed as an overseer to keep an eye on the guys and materials ,heres hoping lol 

Good luck your sure gona need it!!

• Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted

The Mrs just reminded me of how bigger thieves some "craftsmen" are, I had forgot, around 2 years ago, I had some vanity lights fitted on her dressing table, brand new copex, cable, fuse board, lights and switch and all dodgey wiring replaced, including a separate fuse box just for the Aircon units, now as you know most electrical plug sockets and switches are push connectors here and do sometimes come loose, I'm in the middle East and she calls me saying everytime she pushes the switch it sparks and the lights flicker..... No brainer.... A wire has come loose in the switch, OK get an electrical guy and tell him to reterminate the switch, or even buy a better one with screw connectors, next day she calls me saying he checked and its all old wiring in the house and needs a complete rewire..... With a quote of 100,000 peso.... I was home in a week, took the cover off, one wire loose..... And as mentioned this was all brand new 2 years ago and is still like brand new as I had it checked when I had the Air cons installed and shower heaters ...... Thieves 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Mick said:

The Mrs just reminded me of how bigger thieves some "craftsmen" are, I had forgot, around 2 years ago, I had some vanity lights fitted on her dressing table, brand new copex, cable, fuse board, lights and switch and all dodgey wiring replaced, including a separate fuse box just for the Aircon units, now as you know most electrical plug sockets and switches are push connectors here and do sometimes come loose, I'm in the middle East and she calls me saying everytime she pushes the switch it sparks and the lights flicker..... No brainer.... A wire has come loose in the switch, OK get an electrical guy and tell him to reterminate the switch, or even buy a better one with screw connectors, next day she calls me saying he checked and its all old wiring in the house and needs a complete rewire..... With a quote of 100,000 peso.... I was home in a week, took the cover off, one wire loose..... And as mentioned this was all brand new 2 years ago and is still like brand new as I had it checked when I had the Air cons installed and shower heaters ...... Thieves 

Probably it had been wired properly and he didn't recognise it so was just suggesting that he could bodge it up for you.