Possible Super Typhoon Mangkhut On The Way!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

They are cancelling school Thursday and Friday all over Luzon.  It makes no sense to me as tomorrow and probably Friday will be fine here.

https://twitter.com/walangpasok?lang=en

A little rant:

It is a beautiful day here and probably in most of Luzon.  What is the advantage of cancelling schools on this day?  Preparation?  In most cases, having the kids out of school probably causes more issues for the parents.  Seems illogical to me.  The powers that be could see the same forecasts I see.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

What is the advantage of cancelling schools on this day?

Not saying I agree but I do see their point.  If the bad weather comes while the kids are at school then where are they gonna go?  Do we really want all the parents out on the road going to get their kids when the storm actually does hit?  If the forecasters are saying the weather can turn bad any minute then they need to draw a line in the sand and say:  As of this time there will be no school and no fairies ferries

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Not saying I agree but I do see their point.  If the bad weather comes while the kids are at school then where are they gonna go?  Do we really want all the parents out on the road going to get their kids when the storm actually does hit?  If the forecasters are saying the weather can turn bad any minute then they need to draw a line in the sand and say:  As of this time there will be no school and no fairies ferries

I can understand Friday, but not today.  I have been following the forecasts all week and there are no risks of unusually bad weather today.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

About 6 hours ago storm chases say it has moved more south in direction.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

About 6 hours ago storm chases say it has moved more south in direction.

Yes, I have noticed that too on Windy.com.  If it does not make the predicted swing north, there will be big problems!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I have noticed that too on Windy.com.  If it does not make the predicted swing north, there will be big problems!

Not too late to take a vacation to Cebu and buy me a ton of beer :7500:

• Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

A little rant:

Seems illogical to me.  The powers that be could see the same forecasts I see.

Go for it Spock and get scotty to beam you out if there:thumbsup:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

They are cancelling school Thursday and Friday all over Luzon.  It makes no sense to me as tomorrow and probably Friday will be fine here.

https://twitter.com/walangpasok?lang=en

They do that here too,  to give all a chance to get out of Dodge....or up the mountain. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Ever since I can remember people have always knocked the weather predictions.

Anyway here in Cebu city tonight it is windy with strong gust, very pleasant to be out. So what's it like in your neck of the Islands? 

Must add at times wind very strong so only can imagine what its like in some places right now. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Ever since I can remember people have always knocked the weather predictions.

Anyway here in Cebu city tonight it is windy with strong gust, very pleasant to be out. So what's it like in your neck of the Islands? 

Must add at times wind very strong so only can imagine what its like in some places right now. 

Calm here in Subic.  I love Windy.com for looking at the storm.  Look how close it actually is to Cebu right now.  The winds are sucking across Cebu and into the storm.  I sure hope it makes the predicted turn north!

https://www.windy.com/?12.104,123.376,7

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2