Possible Super Typhoon Mangkhut On The Way!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I take that back. Raining again. :umbrella_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

A couple of Shots from the River not Far from our House; We may not be in direct path but we have this to contend with;

Floods.jpgFloods 1.jpgFloods 2.jpg Just saying, sometimes the Authorities are damned if the Do and Damned if they don't act

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

sometimes the Authorities are damned if the Do and Damned if they don't act

Well, I don't think we want that river "dammed" :whistling: but the act of fixing the bridges from the last few floods would be nice. :whatever:

But let's just have a jolly holiday instead.   School's out. Rain's coming down.  Put the kettle on.

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm watching coverage of Hurricane Florence.  It is down to Cat 1 but the idiot TV reporters still have to get out in the middle of it, bracing against the wind and rain, and shout into their mics!  :bonk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

A couple of Shots from the River not Far from our House; We may not be in direct path but we have this to contend with;

Floods.jpgFloods 1.jpgFloods 2.jpg Just saying, sometimes the Authorities are damned if the Do and Damned if they don't act

Well I wont be going to the river like I usually do on Saturdays,it would be a bit more than a paddle with my daughter.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Been raining heavy here all day in Dauin, about 9 miles south of Dumaguete.  Hasn't let up at all plus there have been strong gusts of wind most of the day.  Much heavier waves rolling in today as well, actually getting some surf here. 

• Like 2

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

I have a front row seat to this one.  Hardest thing to find out is the current position.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Lee1154 said:

I have a front row seat to this one.  Hardest thing to find out is the current position.

Stay safe!  I hope you are not close to the coast!  Big storm surge predicted!

I follow it on Windy.com.  You can zoom in and see which direction the wind will blow at your address.  I have some big trees in back of my house and the wind should blow them away from our house, in case they fall.  Also have coconuts to worry about too.  I moved one of the cars so it will not be in the line of fire.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Lee1154 said:

have a front row seat to this one

Holy shit you are in Cagayan, from your profile.  Better buckle up, this one looks like a ride.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lee1154 said:

People have mentioned 'windy', I've linked it below.

https://www.windy.com/?12.211,125.947,5

• Thanks 1