Possible Super Typhoon Mangkhut On The Way!

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Nothing much happening in Iloilo - yet!

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Be safe guys, I will be thinking of you way up here in northern Canada, by the way we had our first snow today, seriously be safe guys, the gf says heavy rain in Antipolo.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

People have mentioned 'windy', I've linked it below.

https://www.windy.com/?12.211,125.947,5

I keep finding new things in Windy. 

I didn't know you could change the units by clicking on that bar the red arrow is indicating.  For wind, you can change it from knots to kph to mph.  Whatever you like.

If you click anywhere on the map, it will tell you the data for that location.  In the case of the black arrow in Manila Bay, 44 kph winds right now.

The yellow arrow is where I am.  Mild so far.  Subic bay is protected from the current ocean wind by mountains.  As the direction turns easterly, we will get stronger wind.

As I was writing this.  The power went out for 1 second.  Not a good sign!

Screenshot (330)_LI.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/14/2018 at 11:40 PM, OnMyWay said:

As I was writing this.  The power went out for 1 second.  Not a good sign!

I am not sure about "windy.com" because is it in real time? you can click tomorrow or the next day and it gives an assumption? 

Here in Cebu last night it rained, heavey, lot of wind. At the moment at around 3.15 am Saturday  no rain but a little wind.  Power was off in my building since about 11pm and just come back on now. From what I see everyone else had power except us and the area behind us. 

Some business closed early tonight in my area. Last call for drinks sir, WTF, why. Incase the weather. OK whatever. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm watching coverage of Hurricane Florence.  It is down to Cat 1 but the idiot TV reporters still have to get out in the middle of it, bracing against the wind and rain, and shout into their mics!  :bonk:

This is hilarious!

• Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We have a power problem here now.  We have power but it is weak??  Never experienced this before.  Some lights work but I think a few got zapped.  Appliances not working.  I have my laptop connected to the internet through my phone.

Called the electric company and got a message "we are experiencing system problems and can't take your call".

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Is everyone okay ? Looks like northern Luzon got the worst of the typhoon 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Is everyone okay ? Looks like northern Luzon got the worst of the typhoon 

It was relatively mild here in Subic.  I went to the mall and they are full speed ahead.

20180915_161137[1].jpg

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

It got pretty windy here in Tuguegarao.  Rained a bit too.  :)

power is still out but our cell service is back.  Going thru a typhoon was a new experience.  It is more fun in the Philippines.

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Lee1154 said:

It got pretty windy here in Tuguegarao.  Rained a bit too.  :)

power is still out but our cell service is back.  Going thru a typhoon was a new experience.  It is more fun in the Philippines.

Glad to hear you are safe!  I saw a picture of a Toyota dealership all smashed up and I think that was in your area.