Possible Super Typhoon Mangkhut On The Way!

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

School classes in Ozamiz have been cancelled from September 14 due to ‘intermittent heavy rains causing flooding’.

79AD4DE2-0186-4117-959E-BB21D6A28DD0.jpeg

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I had a beautiful day yesterday in Puerto Galera  Oriental Mindoro.  About 3am this morning the heavy wind and rain hit. Just now at 7:50am it's very heavy rain and moderate to gusty winds. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/13/2018 at 1:44 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Perhaps they are concerned that it changes direction but I read it has a huge rain band of 900 kilometers area around it. 

It`s pouring down and it`s quite heavy here in Dumaguete.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

School classes in Ozamiz have been cancelled from September 14 due to ‘intermittent heavy rains causing flooding’.

79AD4DE2-0186-4117-959E-BB21D6A28DD0.jpeg

It`s the same here in Dumaguete but my daughter has gone to school.I think I will have to pick her up in the car.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Our Daughter rang to say that Doctors Hospital University (Cebu) is suspending Classes next week but she can't get Home because of the ferries, Flights are well overbooked and even they (The smaller planes they use) may be grounded by Monday, So we just sent additional Cash and told her do what you do best. PARTY 

I have posted this in a couple of Place so sorry if seems repetitive  embarrased  man.jpg :smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Looks like it might get a bit rough over there, the PI's have made the ABC news about the super typhoon, keep safe everyone. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

This storm looks pretty bad. Last I checked the track it looked like landfall in northern Luzon. But I just saw a video of a bunch of coastal stilt houses get washed away in my wife's town, and that's all the way down in Mindanao.

Edited by Reboot
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Our Daughter rang to say that Doctors Hospital University (Cebu) is suspending Classes next week

Next week? wont it be a bit late besides I dont think much is happening in Cebu. No wind at the moment and just a little rain which is gone now.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Next week? wont it be a bit late besides I dont think much is happening in Cebu.

what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg who knows. I don't and I guess others don't either as we have just heard that Schools in and around Dumaguete are closing/suspending Classes so maybe we are not being told everything and as we say "it is what it is"