Foreigner living on the streets

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Which should  begin at Home:wink:

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Which should  begin at Home:wink:

I don't disagree but the saying doesn't say it has to stop at home :tiphat:

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I don't disagree but the saying doesn't say it has to stop at home :tiphat:

Quite in fact, it is a misconception/misinterpretation  of the saying, what it really means is that we should teach our Children about Charity and its meaning.

Look at at it this way, if there were two of these unfortunates sitting Together and we (Any of us) gave a 100 peso note to one of them and said share this, one may say OK Sir and does that. HE has been taught Charity and it's meaning at Home but if he does not share then he has never been taught about Charity at Home :wink: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

HE has been taught Charity and it's meaning at Home but if he does not share then he has never been taught about Charity at Home :wink: 

So... the fact that I share?  That means I have been taught about 'charity at home' then :whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, GeoffH said:

So... the fact that I share?  That means I have been taught about 'charity at home' then :whistling:

:thumbsup: Absolutely young man :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

the fact that I share

Sharing is voluntary and subject to our own, individual, perceptions who we wish to share with. I share too.

Sometimes our perceptions are colored by deeper prejudice/bias that we may not even be aware of.  For example, I assumed that the expat JGF spoke of was a white guy from a western nation and many here feel a kinship for that type of individual. I did not ask.

Perhaps he is a down-on-his-luck expat from Nigeria.  I did not ask.  Perhaps he is an expat of Filipino descent who has returned to the Philippines after a couple of generations living in another country and it is not what he expected.  I did not ask.

I am guilty of subliminal prejudice.  So I shall ask now:  Is this fellow a white guy from a western nation and does that entitle him to some extra help?  I ask in a self-analytical way.  Perhaps some feel:  "There but for the grace of God go I".  I suppose my motivation if I ever get that bad off, is:Motivation.jpg

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

It's a strange one.  People think twice about giving a stranger a few Peso yet will happily plan to marry someone they've never met face to face and send enough money to buy a house and land. 

It's a strange old World. :whistling:

At least with one there is the perception of getting some benefit.  

I'm not sure which one though! 

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

It's a strange one.  People think twice about giving a stranger a few Peso yet will happily plan to marry someone they've never met face to face and send enough money to buy a house and land. 

It's a strange old World. :whistling:

Maybe that is why we never see beautiful young Filipinas sitting living on a bench while staring into space all day. :hystery:

• Hmm thinking 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

we never see beautiful young Filipinas sitting living on a bench while staring into space all day

Unless they are on their cell phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3