ACR Card Holders Charges when leaving the Philippines

PaulB
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dear Fonts of ALL Knowledge,

As some of you may know I have my ACR Residents Card but I still work overseas in Abu Dhabi. Every time I leave The Philippines I have to make 2 payments, Number 1 is to the team in the Airport Check in Desk area and normally is Php 1,600 I think, the 2nd payment is at the Immigration window on the left side of the Immigration desks which this time was Php 2,870. 

My query is these amounts seem to change every time I leave and this time the Immigration guy asked me if it was my first departure of the year, to which I said no, and behold the price went up. I did try and keep the receipt for that payment but they took it when I went through immigration.

I would like to ask if anyone else has noticed the same and also if you could point me to where I could find the current list of charges. Seems to be getting more and more expensive to leave the Philippines. Before my ACR card I only paid airport tax!

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Paul

Edited by PaulB
spelling
  • Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, PaulB said:

As some of you may know I have my ACR Residents Card but I still work overseas in Abu Dhabi. Every time I leave The Philippines I have to make 2 payments, Number 1 is to the team in the Airport Check in Desk area and normally is Php 1,600 I think, the 2nd payment is at the Immigration window on the left side of the Immigration desks which this time was Php 2,870. 

My query is these amounts seem to change every time I leave and this time the Immigration guy asked me if it was my first departure of the year, to which I said no, and behold the price went up. I did try and keep the receipt for that payment but they took it when I went through immigration.

I would like to ask if anyone else has noticed the same and also if you could point me to where I could find the current list of charges. Seems to be getting more and more expensive to leave the Philippines. Before my ACR card I only paid airport tax!

Paul

I departed NAIA Terminal 3, Two Months ago.

Check your Ticket details to see if you already paid the Tax. I first went to the Tax counter to show them my Tax was paid when I bought the ticket. They agreed, told me proceed to the Airline Check in counter who then issued my boarding pass and told me to proceed to Immigration. 

When you approach Immigration at Terminal 3, don't get in line with everyone else. Instead, look to the far right where the sign reads ACR Card holders. As you approach the Immigration you will see a sign that reads pay 2,880 pesos. You will first go to the immigration agent to the left who issues the Clearance Certificate (no blacklist/hold order/derogatory inf.) Afterwards 2 meters to the immediate right, is the immigration agent. Then proceed to the gate.

Cost Breakdown on my receipt:

No Blacklist/Hold order/Derogatory Clearance Fee:  500 Pesos

Immigration Clearance Certificate:  700 Pesos

Head Tax:   250 Pesos

RP/SRC Fee: 1,400 Pesos

Legal Research Fee: 30 Pesos

Total:  2,880

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, PaulB said:

Paul

It would help to describe the fees involved.

The Travel Tax (TIEZA) is 1620 and can now be paid online before flying.  It applies to Filipinos, permanents residents and tourist who stay over 1 year.

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/full-travel-tax/

The ECC-B fee is the one paid near the immigration desks and I don't know if they publish the fees.  It may vary a bit just like other things at BI.

I don't think those two are every included in the ticket???  The departure tax can be included in the ticket at some airports like NAIA??

• Thanks 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

It would help to describe the fees involved.

The Travel Tax (TIEZA) is 1620 and can now be paid online before flying.  It applies to Filipinos, permanents residents and tourist who stay over 1 year.

http://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax/full-travel-tax/

The ECC-B fee is the one paid near the immigration desks and I don't know if they publish the fees.  It may vary a bit just like other things at BI.

I don't think those two are every included in the ticket???  The departure tax can be included in the ticket at some airports like NAIA??

The 1620P Travel tax was charged for when I purchased my ticket. No problems when I showed the proof/receipt.

I don't recall paying an ECC-B Fee. Could that be the 700P Emigration Clearance Certificate Fee ?

I attached what I was charged for on recent my departure.

h1.JPG

h.JPG

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Rooster said:

The 1620P Travel tax was charged for when I purchased my ticket. No problems when I showed the proof/receipt.

I don't recall paying an ECC-B Fee. Could that be the 700P Emigration Clearance Certificate Fee ?

I attached what I was charged for on recent my departure.

h1.JPG

h.JPG

I remember we discussed the travel tax being included in the ticket sometimes but we didn't know how they would determine who needed it.  Most tourists do not have to pay it.  Were there some questions about it when you booked your ticket?  Was that PAL.  I recently booked to Hong Kong on Cathay (from Clark) and the travel tax is not included.

That entire receipt is for your ECC-B.  700 + all those other fees!

Gas
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Rooster said:

I departed NAIA Terminal 3, Two Months ago.

Check your Ticket details to see if you already paid the Tax. I first went to the Tax counter to show them my Tax was paid when I bought the ticket. They agreed, told me proceed to the Airline Check in counter who then issued my boarding pass and told me to proceed to Immigration. 

When you approach Immigration at Terminal 3, don't get in line with everyone else. Instead, look to the far right where the sign reads ACR Card holders. As you approach the Immigration you will see a sign that reads pay 2,880 pesos. You will first go to the immigration agent to the left who issues the Clearance Certificate (no blacklist/hold order/derogatory inf.) Afterwards 2 meters to the immediate right, is the immigration agent. Then proceed to the gate.

Cost Breakdown on my receipt:

No Blacklist/Hold order/Derogatory Clearance Fee:  500 Pesos

Immigration Clearance Certificate:  700 Pesos

Head Tax:   250 Pesos

RP/SRC Fee: 1,400 Pesos

Legal Research Fee: 30 Pesos

Total:  2,880

My receipt for the first exit this year is the same. The 2nd time i exited the RP/SRC Fee was only 700 pesos.

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I remember we discussed the travel tax being included in the ticket sometimes but we didn't know how they would determine who needed it.  Most tourists do not have to pay it.  Were there some questions about it when you booked your ticket?  Was that PAL.  I recently booked to Hong Kong on Cathay (from Clark) and the travel tax is not included.

That entire receipt is for your ECC-B.  700 + all those other fees!

The terminal fee is included in the airline ticket. You will pay the travel tax at the airport when you depart.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
On 9/11/2018 at 3:50 PM, Gas said:

The terminal fee is included in the airline ticket. You will pay the travel tax at the airport when you depart.

The terminal fee was included in my ticket when I flew out recently. I did not pay any travel tax on exit just ECC which I paid at my local immigration office beforehand. I had been here for 3 years on a tourist visa. Is the travel tax just for people on resident visa?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, virginprune said:

Is the travel tax just for people on resident visa

Travel tax is supposed to be paid by tourists who have been in Philippines more than one year continuously.  Sometimes I am directed to go pay it.  Sometimes I play dumb and no-one tells me to go pay it.  So your mileage will vary but if they do send you to the counter to pay it then you are obligated to do so.

• Thanks 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
On 9/11/2018 at 9:38 AM, PaulB said:

Paul

What kind of visa are you on?  The p2,870 sounds like about what I paid for my 'Return Authorization' recently.  This will be my first time to leave the country on my 13a visa.  Last time I needed an ECC was on a tourist visa and it was like p500 for the ECC.  The RA is much more expensive.  I would not have gotten the 13a if I traveled out of country very often.

The terminal fee/travel tax/whatever seems to be different every time I leave.  I have never made heads or tails out of it.