ACR Card Holders Charges when leaving the Philippines

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

'Return Authorization'

What is this?  Do you have a copy?

The first time I left the country on my 13a probationary, I got the ECC-B at the airport as others described.  I'm going to Hong Kong in late October, the first exit on my 13a permanent, and I'm planning on getting the ECC-B at the airport again.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

What is this?  Do you have a copy?

The first time I left the country on my 13a probationary, I got the ECC-B at the airport as others described.  I'm going to Hong Kong in late October, the first exit on my 13a permanent, and I'm planning on getting the ECC-B at the airport again.

I just went to BI the other day for mine. You can do it at the airport, I just don't want any unforeseen delays...

My receipt says:

Receipt #2

Express Lane Fee   p500

Receipt #1

Emigration Clearance Certificate   p700

Head Tax                                            p250

RP Fee                                                p1400

Legal Research Fee                          p30

The RP Fee is the 're-entry permit'.  It is what keeps your 13a active while out of the country.  When you pay it, the permit is good for one month (to exit). The re-entry permit is good for 1 year, but single use.  You can stay gone up to a year, but only enter with it once.  If you leave more than once a year... you pay the fee for each permit.  

The ECC-B, Mison said, is being issued by the Bureau to holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily. It is a single-use receipt issued to evidence their Special Return Certificate (SRC) (for Non-Immigrants) or Reentry Permit (RP) (for Immigrants) which is valid for one (1) year. It may be secured at the BI Main Office or in the airport upon departure.

source: http://immigration.gov.ph/59-october-2013-press-releases/405-aliens-told-secure-an-ecc-before-leaving-phl

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I just went to BI the other day for mine. You can do it at the airport, I just don't want any unforeseen delays...

My receipt says:

Receipt #2

Express Lane Fee   p500

Receipt #1

Emigration Clearance Certificate   p700

Head Tax                                            p250

RP Fee                                                p1400

Legal Research Fee                          p30

The RP Fee is the 're-entry permit'.  It is what keeps your 13a active while out of the country.  When you pay it, the permit is good for one month (to exit). The re-entry permit is good for 1 year, but single use.  You can stay gone up to a year, but only enter with it once.  If you leave more than once a year... you pay the fee for each permit.  

OK, you are describing what we have been calling the ECC-B and it's associated stuff.

Gas said that the RP fee was only 700 the second time he left during the year.

Like others have said, I kind of wish I did not get the 13a and had just stuck with Balikbayan.  The fees to leave the country are ridiculous. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Gas said that the RP fee was only 700 the second time he left during the year.

Maybe he meant the ECC which is P700

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have an ACR card as tourist. I had to go back to the US briefly and as I had been in country for slightly less (5 days) than 6 months, I breezed through the airport paying nothing.

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Maybe he meant the ECC which is P700

No, it was the RP/SRC fee that was halved from 1,400 to 700php on my second trip. 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
On 9/11/2018 at 9:38 AM, PaulB said:

I did try and keep the receipt for that payment but they took it when I went through immigration.

I try and remember to take a picture of receipts I want to refer back to with my phone.

Ryan.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Under intangibles the 13A may convey more legitimacy to immigration officers. Expensive way to go for a hypothetical but worth a thought.

Edited by Ryan.
typo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Lyt
Posted
Posted
On 9/11/2018 at 3:36 PM, Gas said:

My receipt for the first exit this year is the same. The 2nd time i exited the RP/SRC Fee was only 700 pesos.

Hi Gas, I am charged P2,100++ for every succeeding trips made within the year. How come yours is only P700?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm in Hong Kong and the fees for me to leave with my family are ridiculous.  I have 13A permanent status.

Travel tax: p6480

Depature tax: p3000

ECC-B: P2880

Total 12,360

• Sad 1