Kanu tax

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

It is sad that it is standard practice to charge us more.  In the USA, discrimination is obviously outlawed and socially frowned on.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Lee1154 said:

It is sad that it is standard practice to charge us more.  In the USA, discrimination is obviously outlawed and socially frowned on.

I think a lot of things vary.  I've found my partners tended to go straight in with a price they wish to pay or stick with the price the seller gives them.  Each one has cringed at me when I start bartering down the price.  I tried to explain that I've been taught if you don't ask you don't get.  I saved over 2m peso on my condo by being brazen and when she bought her land I got the seller to knock 1/2m off of the asking price and to pay all costs. 

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Ah yes the whitey extra !  Luckily my wife deals with everything we buy and pay for , Land taxes etc etc.

The only thing i pay for is my annual reporting ! When we buy things like Aircon, New TV etc my wife always Haggles even in SM ! And she always asks to the see things like TVs, light bulbs, and everything electrical working before we buy it ! Especially at HMR ! i once watched her haggle buying floor tiles the first price was 9000 pesos, second was 8300 we actually paid 7800 needless to say we have bought all our tiles from the same place ! Inc free delivery

Gas
Posted
Posted

I dont see it as kano tax, as neither party had to buy the land. From the sound of it Bastonjocks girlfriend negotiated a better deal or there may have been other factors that made their land cheaper.  Just because two lots are near to each other doesn't mean they will sell for the same price. You can negotiate a price for almost everything in the Philippines if you so wish. When it comes to buying big ticket items like materials for our business, i am the one who deals with the suppliers, as  i can always get a better deal than the wife. When it comes to buying food in the market, i very rarely haggle the prices as a few pesos is not going to change my life , however i do expect to get a decent deal or i will just use another stall the next time.

• Like 2