Iphone 2018 Announcement from Apple

Rooster
Posted
Posted

Fast forward to 8:35 

Philippines is not listed as one the countries where they will be available September 21 & 28, 2018 

As usual, resellers here who get them will charge almost double. I think i'll surprise the wife and have one shipped via FEDEX from the states.

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

They are getting to where they are not worth the cost.

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Lee1154 said:

They are getting to where they are not worth the cost.

The more I am reading about the new iPhone Xs, XS Max, I'm learning about how internal eSim https://www.asus.com/ph/support/FAQ/1034508/ is replacing the externally inserted sim cards and the carrier must provide a QR code to be able to connect to their service even if the phone is already unlocked. I don't see where any Philippine carriers support eSim phones. Maybe that's why Philippines was not on the list of countries in the video? 

The XS Max (Hong Kong, China, Macau) version have dual sim with Nano card support, perhaps it can be used in the Philippines.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209086

I see the new iPhone XR has both eSim and Nano.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-xr/specs/

I think i'll pass on ordering one from the states because even if it's unlocked, it may not work here without a QR Code to connect to Smart or Globe. I'll wait until it all gets sorted out by others in the PI.  

Edited by Rooster

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes I have been trying to find out if there is a China dual SIM version of the iPhone Xr but so far it's not looking promising, it appears likely that only the Xs max and Xs have China versions (and possibly only the Xs max of those 2).

The Xr is similar in price (on the Australian Apple store) to the 8+ and offers some useful improvements but the Xs and Xs max are very expensive for what they offer over the Xr.

And based on Australian Apple store prices (where I'd buy it from online) I could buy a 128 Gb iPhone Xr and an iPad 2018 128Gb and an Apple watch 4 GPS all for about the same price as the top end Xs Max 512Gb... that's... a lot of tech and better value in my book.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Rooster said:

I think i'll surprise the wife and have one shipped via FEDEX from the states.

Get Capa's guard dogs and security people to watch over her while she is out shopping or using the phone.:tiphat:

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Im so excited i have already ordered 1 of each new Apple product ! And i have also pre ordered 1 of each new Apple product for the next 5 years ! Oh the excitement of a new Apple moble every year !

And yes I am joking 😎

• Haha 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Get Capa's guard dogs and security people to watch over her while she is out shopping or using the phone.:tiphat:

She's pretty disciplined and uses a 950 peso Nokia when she is out shopping, in the market etc. and only uses her iPhone in the house or secure areas. I do the same.  

Howard
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Rooster said:

12 hours ago, Rooster said:

Philippines is not listed as one the countries where they will be available September 21 & 28, 2018 

They are usually available here at the Power Mac Center in mid November.

• Like 1