Why are so many men alone?

peterfe
Posted
Posted

When I go a mall here, of course I see lots of foreigners. But I don't understand why so many of them (about half) are alone, i.e. without a wife/girl friend, when there are so many nice girls here, and it doesn't seem difficult to find one however old and fat you may be. Of course, they may have a partner at home, but I often see foreigners doing things which suggest they haven't, like going to the launderette or buying some few groceries that suggest they live alone. Maybe some of these foreigners are on this site, and I'm not being critical or judgemental, just curious. Everyone needs a bit of time away from their partner sometimes, but to me it's quite surprising that about half the foreigners are there without a partner.

Possible reasons: to get some respite from a nagging partner, to avoid bringing a partner to the mall who likes to spend, spend, spend, the person doesn't have a partner because he prefers picking up different girls for one-night stands, the person's last relationship just finished and he's still looking for a new girl friend, the person is gay. No doubt there are some other reasons I haven't thought of. Any suggestions?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, peterfe said:

reasons I haven't thought of. Any suggestions?

Well for me, My wife works full time so it is only Weekends we are Together :wink:

Mind she retires in 5 years and I am not sure I want her under my feet all day so maybe i WILL become one of those men Alone :hystery: If I thought I could get away with it :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Possible explanations other than those you mentioned in no particular order:

A.  Players or heading either to or from the red light districts or both. 

B.  On holiday alone (I did this regularly before the Angry Midget came back into my life).

C.  Some guys just like being single and are perfectly happy with their own company.

D.  Living in PI for pragmatic, cost of living reasons and see point C. 

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Some could be single, some might just be *gasp* shopping.  I  go to the city by myself quite often. I enjoy walking around and window shopping - my wife enjoys doing laundry and napping ha ha  :tiphat:  

• Like 3

peterfe
Posted
Posted

Yes, of course you're right. Many expat men here no doubt prefer to be single and prefer their own company, just as many men do in Western countries. But all men have sexual urges, and if you want to be alone and not get distracted, maybe it would be better to go and live in Siberia, where the women are covered in several layers of clothing almost all year, rather than in the land of beautiful girls in shorts and miniskirts!

Clermont
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, peterfe said:

But all men have sexual urges,

Yes that's the sticky point, :makeup_80_anim_gif: if it wasn't for that bit you wrote there'd be a lot more single blokes around. 

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Why are so many men alone, because women have wised up at last. :huh:

• Hmm thinking 1