7 hours ago, Gary D said:

Why are so many men alone, because women have wised up at last. :huh:

NAH! tother way round mate :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

You can catch me in the mall alone buying a few 'batchelor' items at the grocery store a couple times a month during the week. The actual vs (understandably) perceived reason is my wife is a full time student. Occasionally there are spices, foods, or shaving stuff she forgets to buy while shopping (taking a list of items is of course not gonna happen). So I will pick up a few things after paying the Globe internet bill or something. I am sure I don't put off the happiest vibe since I am just fartin' around and not 'hunting'.  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 1 month later...
canadamale
Posted
Posted

If and when you see me out and about by myself, it is because I like to be out and about by myself. The SO also likes it. it prevents me from pestering her about the meaning / pronounciation of tagalog words / phrases. Saying foolish things like "where did all the beer go". If you see me in the mall alone, trust me the gf is in a shop nearby looking at cloths.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My Mrs is there.... she just can't keep up on those little legs and comedy footwear.   :biggrin:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I've walked Ayala Mall here in Cebu City often the past ten days sometimes with my wife other times alone. Clearly there are a number of solo foreigner men few if any gave eye contact. 

canadamale
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I've walked Ayala Mall here in Cebu City often the past ten days sometimes with my wife other times alone. Clearly there are a number of solo foreigner men few if any gave eye contact. 

I walked over to Century City Mall in Makati yestetday for a upscale coffee at Starbucks. Plenty of cacasian men wondering around. Some alone, never tried to make eye contact so do not know how friendly they were. Most seemed intent on doing what they were doing. At the condo/hotel i stay at, plenty of foreigners, mostly asian and darker skinned fellows. Chinese seem to stick to themselves, but most others say hi and we will acknowledge each other. No deep conversation tho. I should add I have been told i can give off a anti social vibe, so it may be me. I am the nicest, kindest.sweetest guy you would want to know, not sure where they get the dam fricken anti social sh*t from.

• Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

To be honest, just because I see another foreigner in the Phils, doesn't make me feel the need to communicate with him/her. 

I mean, I don't particularly acknowledge total strangers back home in the UK either. 

The ones I have exchanged a few words with in the Phils only seem to want to moan a bucketful about the place and the people. (Yawwwn).

They know the solution to that one.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Clearly there are a number of solo foreigner men few if any gave eye contact. 

Maybe they did not give eye contact to you, but did they do so to your wife?  :hystery:

But seriously, when I go to Ayala Mall I am there with a purpose.  I would not be looking around the mall in my home country to say hi to all the other customers and it seems silly to change that habit here in the Philippines (IMHO).  That said, if I spot someone I know then I will stay a while and pass the time of day.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Maybe they did not give eye contact to you, but did they do so to your wife?  :hystery:

But seriously, when I go to Ayala Mall I am there with a purpose.  I would not be looking around the mall in my home country to say hi to all the other customers and it seems silly to change that habit here in the Philippines (IMHO).  That said, if I spot someone I know then I will stay a while and pass the time of day.

After seeing the way some expats behave and treat the locals I tend to make no more effort with them than I do with anyone anywhere in the world, other than people I already know of course.  A good bloke is a good bloke no matter where they're from, and a wanker is a wanker.  Sure, if I'm having a coffee etc and someone wants to sit near me that's fine, I'm a friendly enough bloke within normal limits.  Different in a bar after a few drinks, I've made some great friends in bars over the years, people I'm still in contact with now, of all nationalities, Western and other, more other if I think about it. Given that I've spent more of my life in countries that are of a non-Western background than I have in Australia it's not surprising. 

Some guys just like their alone time as well.   When SAO was here, my little one bedroom townhouse became a lot smaller, and we'd often go and do our own things for a while.  

• Like 1