Expat fraudsters

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

If you have time or can watch this which to me is interesting about expat criminals.  These guys stole so much money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

What amazes me most is that some people can be so gullible when it comes to investing.  There are so many legitimate brokerages and you are going to send your money away?

• Like 1

TimL
Posted
Posted

Damn, that’s a shame that Australian lost so much money. Doubt he’ll ever see any of it again back either.

Nice find Jolly, thanks for sharing it. Hopefully people will watch it and be more cautious.  If it seems to good to be true, it probably is a scam.

PaulB
Posted
Posted

Very good.

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I for one would have a hard time believing someone living the life in Thailand or the Philippines trying to sell me on an investment. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A fool and his money are soon parted.My uncle fell for a pension scam many years ago and it almost wiped him out.Sometimes peoples greed get in the way of logical thinking and they basically give their money away.

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Article regarding their arrests. 

http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1044909

Google Boiler room scams, Philippines and many other videos/news articles show up as well.

Edited by Rooster

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

watch this

The annoying thing is the way the scammer acted in the last minute of the video.  One gets the impression that he has been arrested before and knows the exact sum of money that needs to be paid and the exact corrupt policemen to make this go away.  I hope the scammers get a prison term but I have my doubts, having seen Filipino fraudsters like Legacy Group owner Celso de los Angeles pretending to be ill to avoid going to jail 

My point is if the Philippines lets their own scammers get away with it then they will have even less interest in foreign scammers who scam other foreigners.  I hope I am wrong.  

• Like 2

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The annoying thing is the way the scammer acted in the last minute of the video.  One gets the impression that he has been arrested before and knows the exact sum of money that needs to be paid and the exact corrupt policemen to make this go away.  I hope the scammers get a prison term but I have my doubts, having seen Filipino fraudsters like Legacy Group owner Celso de los Angeles pretending to be ill to avoid going to jail 

My point is if the Philippines lets their own scammers get away with it then they will have even less interest in foreign scammers who scam other foreigners.  I hope I am wrong.  

My thoughts as well. The Piece of S*** acted Extremely Narcissistic. I've encountered other Narcissistic Foreigner Con men tricksters here over the years from treasure hunters to those seeking investors & they eventually get their Karma. I'm surprised it took 20 years to bust this a-hole.

The Investigator did an outstanding job. The U.S. will cancel his passport he'll do time in prison here be deported then he will face charges in the U.S.  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1