Shipping (Again)

Verne
Posted
Posted

Good info as I am in a like situation to the original poster...I was also planning to bing in two good Husqvarna Chain saws.

I note that a 50hz tool (motor) will work fine at 60hz, however a 60hz tool will not work at 50hz. (usually destroys the starting capacitor)

Lastly, @Clermont, I'd like the info you mention in ways to import a motorcycle please?  I am guess you mean off road?  My wife and I currently live in Cambodia, I have a BMW road bike and a KTM dit bike.  Based on all the info on vehicles, I have all but given up on importing the BMW but had held out hope for the KTM.  Any info you could add would be appeciated.

Thanks,

Verne

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Verne said:

I'd like the info you mention in ways to import a motorcycle please?

If it is a legal method we would all like to know.  If it is an illegal method then take it to private message.

Spoiler

and I'll tell you in advance I know of people who got royally screwed trying certain illegal methods recently so do it at your own risk.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Gary D
Posted
Posted

As you probably will also know anything half decent will grow legs very quickly.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Verne said:

Lastly, @Clermont, I'd like the info you mention in ways to import a motorcycle please?  I am guess you mean off road?  My wife and I currently live in Cambodia, I have a BMW road bike and a KTM dirt bike.  Based on all the info on vehicles, I have all but given up on importing the BMW but had held out hope for the KTM.  Any info you could add would be appreciated.

This is quite legal Dave: What the PI did was dismantle his bike and sent it over a few months period, bit by bit by Balikbayan box, as for the frame he cut it at the welded joints then rewelded it when it arrived. Still running around and no hassles with import duties as they were classified as second hand parts. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Verne
Posted
Posted

@clermont Thanks, yes, I had considered this as this is how we brought some bikes into Cambodia from both China and South Africa, however the law seems to have changed for the Philippines in Feb 2018...no more motorcycle parts...and live Piranha...

Thats said, I don't want to go to that level of effort again either, but I appreciate your input.

Last Published: 2/12/2018

Philippine law restricts the importation of certain goods for reasons of national security, environmental and public health protection, order and morality, in addition to complying with international treaties and obligations.  Prohibited goods include:

Used Motorcycle Parts, except engine (Executive Order No. 156); and
Live Piranha, Shrimps and Prawns (FAO No. 126, series of 1979).

Thanks,

V

• Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Verne said:

clermont Thanks, yes, I had considered this as this is how we brought some bikes into Cambodia from both China and South Africa, however the law seems to have changed for the Philippines in Feb 2018...no more motorcycle parts...and live Piranha..

Thanks for the update on the law Verne, it's always handy to have inputs especially when Executive order No is included, thanks again. :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
Gary D
Posted
Posted

Balikbayan is a special  deal and only works into the Philippines. In the other direction is just normal sea freight.

• Like 1