Inflation crisis brewing in the Philippines

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Beer went up P10 a bottle where I drink. Don't they know it's a commodity that everyone needs? In there case they blamed increase in salary forced up prices. 

Beer 🍻 prices up 10 peso! That’s crazy talk!!! Gonna be blood in the streets just wait and see. 👊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JDDavao said:

Who wants to eat a stalk of salary when they're drinking?!

lol, l had to google if I spelt it correctly. In my country its pay or for the upper class compensation. 

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Be more positive! You don't live in Venezuela where the inflation rate is over 1,000,000%. You withdraw a suitcase full of cash from the bank to buy a loaf of bread. By the time you get to the bakery, the price has already increased.

• Like 3

Mick
Posted
Posted

I was in Zimbabwe around 18 months ago, and we needed a new battery for the car, admin rang everywhere, finally found one, and the price and sent a driver, it took him 2 hours to get there. The price went up from $80 to $110 in those 2 hours, people were being paid in IOU letters, and trading them for food, it was crazy, in the airport there was one small bottle of water in the shop, it was $20, and the airport was running on generators as no electricity, so I think we are still OK here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

they blamed increase in salary forced up prices. 

Our Monthly Watering Hole put their beer also 10 peso a bottle but my neighbour (Who works there) Told me it was to bring it up to the other bar prices locally, to me, that is pure Greed, we know the RSP of san Miguel 330 Pilsner is 27 peso per Bottle , Yeah OK I know there are Overheads but some Bars are 200+% on this issue. :56da632e94212_1(60):

:508: morning Rant over:wave:

Jack :2245_safe:

Morning All :photo-109:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Our Monthly Watering Hole put their beer also 10 peso a bottle but my neighbour (Who works there) Told me it was to bring it up to the other bar prices locally, to me, that is pure Greed, we know the RSP of san Miguel 330 Pilsner is 27 peso per Bottle , Yeah OK I know there are Overheads but some Bars are 200+% on this issue. :56da632e94212_1(60):

:508: morning Rant over:wave:

Jack :2245_safe:

Morning All :photo-109:

I think it would be better to find a new venue if that is the reason as that is the 3rd increase since we have been using the place.Yep mate greed.As for the Rice there was a big company who were caught hoarding tons of the stuff,this does not help.

• Like 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

I vaguely remember the older generations would find it tasteful to focus on or blame others for problems they were facing. It is now seems much more common worldwide not just any one place. (imo)

https://www.rt.com/business/437977-duterte-trump-inflation-tariffs/

‘Who started it? America!’ Duterte blames Philippines inflation on ‘friend Trump’ & his trade wars...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I vaguely remember the older generations would find it tasteful to focus on or blame others for problems they were facing.

Funny how we remember things.  I remember when I was young we always blamed inflation on the older generation.  Now I am part of that we blame the Millenials :whatever:

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Funny how we remember things.  I remember when I was young we always blamed inflation on the older generation.  Now I am part of that we blame the Millenials :whatever:

Just blame Brexit. :morning1:

• Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Spoiler

Off topic

1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Just blame Brexit

If something is rotten, and the rot is getting worse every year, how long do you wait before amputation?  

• Like 3