fork and spoon

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

I haven’t mastered eating without getting something on my shirt. The nicer   the shirt the larger the mess.

Off topic but

Spoiler

I have not mastered the art of painting without getting something on my shorts.  I can strip bare except for my shorts and still get paint on them.  Nowhere else on my body.  Just my shorts.

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I do quite well with a fork and spoon although I've snapped many a plastic spoon trying to cut meat. The only time I use a knife is to spread things on bread, to cut steaks or chops, and to cut sausage at breakfast.

I like to glance around at Filipinos in a resto and catch them gauging my use of the spoon. Sometimes, their reactions are funny when they see me cutting meat with a spoon like a Juan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

At least the people you mention use cutlery, when we are having a BQ the PI's still use their hands, brings a grin to some Ozzies faces. :thumbsup:

• Hmm thinking 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I was in Maxx's and didn't realise you eat all courses with the same utensils, just lick them between courses. I always assumed the fork and spoon was picked up in the american era.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

I was in Maxx's and didn't realise you eat all courses with the same utensils, just lick them between courses. I always assumed the fork and spoon was picked up in the american era.

How many courses do Max's chicken have ? 

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

How many courses do Max's chicken have ? 

I left the fork and spoon on the plate after eating, not chicken, the the waiter took the greasy utensils off of the plate and put then down to eat the desert. Had the lick the grease off before using them again.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Clermont said:

At least the people you mention use cutlery, when we are having a BQ the PI's still use their hands, brings a grin to some Ozzies faces. :thumbsup:

On a little different note--I've noticed that places selling BBQ items  now often provide plastic gloves to patrons.  Kind of a downer to eating BBQ in general, but a new trend here now..

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Had to cut the grilled chicken into bite sized pieces for my wife yesterday so she could eat with just a spoon.

Of course, that was because she was holding a 6 month old in one arm, and also didn't want a knife on the table within baby's reach! :biggrin:

To be honest, I have a hard time trying to eat rice with just the fingers.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My buddies gf invited us to her family home in porac ,they went out their way serving us a variety of dishes ,we both used our hands to eat the food ,we later found out that the family had goine and purchased knives and forks just for us:whistling:

We later found out that they were delighted that we ate every dish that was served to us including dog , the familes previous exposure to foreigners was a guy who only eats chicken 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 9/17/2018 at 11:48 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

OK, who has mastered the fork and spoon? 

I hate it going somewhere to eat and thats what I get and most time the cutlery is so thin I'm surprised it last a week. But then; where, how and who came up with the fork and spoon and no knife? 

:SugarwareZ-047:

The spoon is duel purpose knife an spoon....

• Hmm thinking 1