No visa stickers available

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Had my visa renewed today and there are no stickers in Cebu and apparently Manila so instead they stamp my receipt. Why they did not stamp the passport who knows? 

• I'm Confused 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

It would be interesting to see how immigration staff at the airport respond to a stamped receipt and no visa sticker in your passport later on.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why they did not stamp the passport who knows? 

You may well find that the Stamps are not to be used in the Passport for security reasons and so to eliminate bogus extensions. just checked my last one and it has serial numbers on and can be traced , you know how they love to trust everyone, even their own :whistling:

Just my thoughts on things but hey remember the stickers do save space on your passport :wink:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

It would be interesting to see how immigration staff at the airport respond to a stamped receipt and no visa sticker in your passport later on.

I guess if you have the receipt stamped thing should be OK :89: But then............................:ohmy: Silly me

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Many other countries do not stamp my passport so maybe the Philippines is just trying to be like the real world.

For example:  Indonesia DID.  Korea, Hong Kong, USA and Canada DID NOT stamp my passport on any of my visits in the last couple of years.  My passport has just about all Philippine stamps and stickers.  If someone wanted to fake a stamp in their passport they would be better off faking a new "entry" stamp to say they just got here 29 days ago than to try and fake a visa renewal every couple of months.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If someone wanted to fake a stamp in their passport they would be better off faking a new "entry" stamp to say they just got here 29 days ago than to try and fake a visa renewal every couple of months.

Might work if you have a new fake passport but I dont think would work otherwise as there will be no exit stamp.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont think would work otherwise as there will be no exit stamp.

I did not think it necessary to make it too easy for people to do this so I neglected to mention that.  Now people know how to beat the system with 2 rubber stamps that can be made downtown for a few pesos.  Just be sure to use the right color ink.

marine6357
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Had my visa renewed today and there are no stickers in Cebu and apparently Manila so instead they stamp my receipt. Why they did not stamp the passport who knows? 

What type of visa was this? I arrive on Friday to Mactan from Taiwan and will be entering for my first visit. Should get the 29 days tourist with no problems.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, marine6357 said:

What type of visa was this? I arrive on Friday to Mactan from Taiwan and will be entering for my first visit. Should get the 29 days tourist with no problems.

Tourist visa from the BI office for extensions. You will get a stamp upon arrival and I never said any problems so do not worry. Just different procedure for extensions at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If someone wanted to fake a stamp in their passport they would be better off faking a new "entry" stamp to say they just got here 29 days ago than to try and fake a visa renewal every couple of months.

Well who in their right mind would try to get a 2 month fake visa extension or entry stamp,My oh my it`s only a few thousand to do it legally why rock the boat.

• Like 2