No visa stickers available

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Probably just stored electronically now and shows up when your passport is swiped.  When SAO received her visa here to Australia earlier this year, no sticker, no stamp, just a letter informing her she'd received the visa.  Didn't have to produce the letter on entry just a simple swipe.  Perhaps PI is moving into the 21st century finally. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well who in their right mind would try to get a 2 month fake visa extension or entry stamp

Someone who had overstayed a long time and was trying to get out of going to prison.  Not recommended but it may surprise some on here how many expats overstay for years and then have to get it "sorted" to get out of the country.

• Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Someone who had overstayed a long time and was trying to get out of going to prison.  Not recommended but it may surprise some on here how many expats overstay for years and then have to get it "sorted" to get out of the country.

Like I said who in their right mind would do it somebody who overstays a long time is not in their mind.

• Hmm thinking 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Perhaps PI is moving into the 21st century finally. 

Immigration at NAIA is now taking photo/forefinger prints upon exit. I still got the exit stamp though.

Singapore was cool, they took thumbprints upon arrival and upon exit they scanned thumbs and the machine wished you a safe trip. I didn't get an exit stamp or give up that visa stub they tell you to keep. Perhaps in lines without the machine, you got the stamp and still had to give it up.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/19/2018 at 12:35 PM, sonjack2847 said:

Like I said who in their right mind would do it somebody who overstays a long time is not in their mind.

Now I have to backtrack on this slightly as in the new year I have to do my annual report,to do this I have to have barangay clearance.To get barangay clearance I have to live here 6 months well it will be touch and go wether I can make that requirement and so maybe I will be late and that will be  the rules making me do it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
TimL
Posted
Posted
On 9/18/2018 at 2:34 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Had my visa renewed today and there are no stickers in Cebu and apparently Manila so instead they stamp my receipt. Why they did not stamp the passport who knows? 

And they’re still out @ J Centre as of Oct 4.