Cebu - Help!

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, CockneyRebel said:

seeing Tottenham lose

He lost me there... Go Spurs!!!  We sort of like being the most hated team in London, it's a badge of honour!

But seriously mate, visit, travel around North to South, find somewhere you like and spend a bit longer there.  It's just a coincidence I fell in with the Dumaguete reprobates, my missus is from Negros but having said that, it is comforting to know there's a ready bunch of blokes to have a beer with every month.  But don't let the fact you know someone somewhere influence you too much.  You'll find your niche somewhere or not,  boots on ground will serve you well. We have members here that are happy in places in PI that I personally wouldn't dream of living and it's probably vice versa for them.  PI is like any country, it has areas for some and not for others but it also has not at all for a lot of people.  

• Thanks 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

seeing Tottenham lose

And what a wonderful day it is when that happens!  Heavenly.    :6:

• Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

And what a wonderful day it is when that happens!  Heavenly.    :6:

Westwho?

Been watching this season closer than I have in years, it's gonna be interesting.  Gunners.. But that's way off-topic :)

• Haha 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, BrettGC said:

Westwho?

Been watching this season closer than I have in years, it's gonna be interesting.  Gunners.. But that's way off-topic :)

Bit off topic mate but I am sure the OP wont mind as he's a Westham fan, we lost the first 4 matches but finally won our last match, usual rubbish, lol.    Anyway, more importantly, when are you due back?  Thought you was supposed to be here by now?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Bit off topic mate but I am sure the OP wont mind as he's a Westham fan, we lost the first 4 matches but finally won our last match, usual rubbish, lol.    Anyway, more importantly, when are you due back?  Thought you was supposed to be here by now?

Long story but lets just say I've fallen afoul of the Australian Taxation Office, so a bit of debt to pay.  On the upside once I realised what was happening I worked out I was in arrears and I handed myself in so no criminal prosecution for evasion but still have a debt to pay.  I could've done a runner but not being able to ever enter Australia didn't appeal to me.  Big boy pants are on, working it off.  Lets just say I have a kill on sight order out on an accountant from a few years back and I manage my financial affairs myself now.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Go Spurs!!!  We sort of like being the most hated team in London

I have to admit I don't follow it too much, so I have to ask:  Are these the current standings?  :whistling:

Current Standings.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Long story but lets just say I've fallen afoul of the Australian Taxation Office, so a bit of debt to pay.  On the upside once I realised what was happening I worked out I was in arrears and I handed myself in so no criminal prosecution for evasion but still have a debt to pay.  I could've done a runner but not being able to ever enter Australia didn't appeal to me.  Big boy pants are on, working it off.  Lets just say I have a kill on sight order out on an accountant from a few years back and I manage my financial affairs myself now.  

OK mate, good luck with that, hope to see you soon.  If the OP arrives its gonna be three onto one, lol.

• Haha 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have to admit I don't follow it too much, so I have to ask:  Are these the current standings?  :whistling:

Current Standings.jpg

Hahahaha,  hope your back is giving you grief again today!!   :angry:

• Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

OK mate, good luck with that, hope to see you soon.  If the OP arrives its gonna be three onto one, lol.

So even odds then :whistling:

• Haha 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

January is a very busy month in Cebu. Lots of visitors due to Sinulog Festival....Airports, roads an hotels will be very busy. Book well ahead of time. Some hotels charge premium rates during Sinulog. When u get here most hotels will negotiate a monthly rate and u can pay 25-35% less than posted rates.

• Like 3

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic