Bi Nabs American Without Working Visa

Guest OceanBreeze
Posted
Posted
INTELLIGENCE operatives of the Bureau of Immigration recently arrested in Iligan City an American national for working and doing business in the country without a permit. Maclin Lanto, Immigration area director for Regions 10 and 13, reported to BI Commissioner Marcelino Libanan that American Jeffrey Alan Evans, 47, was arrested inside the Internet cafe which he operates along Quezon Avenue, Poblacion, Iligan City. BI Executive Director Franklin Littaua issued the mission order for the American

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Looks like a good story to me. People violating the terms of their visa should be deported and denied re-entry for a period of time as punishment.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Why would anyone be so foolish not to comply with the law,surely it can't be that hard to do the visas and permits. Then theres the dead giveaway "The shop called Team Sir Jeff",Perhaps there's more to this story,maybe someone wanted him gone but still its best to cover all bases to live and work without worrying about getting caught doing the wrong thing.I can think of a few expats working in their business without the proper permits,hope they think about this.th_thimage_265775.gif

Travis
Posted
Posted
Why would anyone be so foolish not to comply with the law,surely it can't be that hard to do the visas and permits. Then theres the dead giveaway "The shop called Team Sir Jeff",Perhaps there's more to this story,maybe someone wanted him gone but still its best to cover all bases to live and work without worrying about getting caught doing the wrong thing.I can think of a few expats working in their business without the proper permits,hope they think about this.th_thimage_265775.gif
seems some expats think they are above the law because of where they come from