The Treeman

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:smile: Gotcha.png:hystery: I have just had an interesting time with the Noreco II ( Dumaguete Electric Company) watching a daredevil ( well to me) job of Lopping Trees to clear the Primary power lines, In this day and age  of machinery and technology I tend to think we forget that many of the province Roads to Puroks and housing are not big enough to get the lorry Cherry pickers down and the Ground to bumpy and rocky to get the Mobile ones to the Target so they have to revert to Leg irons and a Hope and prayer. Amazing what they can do in these situations and I wonder if we (when moaning) should give credit to these guys that help us keep our Power on and in good order. Just my thoughts while walking the Dogs and watching them, Snax given and appreciated;

Tree cutter.jpg Tree cutting.jpg BTW I never had a camera at the time so I borrowed some Pics for emphasis

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think a lot of it comes down to where they ran the lines in the first place.  We are having lots of brown outs in Puerto Galera even after a major upgrade to all the high voltage lines which lasted about one year and caused lots of headaches.  We were assured about 3 months ago when they switched the new lines on it was goodbye brown outs.  We've probably doubled the brown outs instead.

It transpired that when Ormeco ran the lines initially they promised to pay rent to land owners on the condition they could run the lines over the land.  True to form they never paid so when they went to upgrade they were rightly told where to go by lots of land owners so it looks like they've bodged the system.

Just yesterday a local uploaded some photos to the community Facebook site of new lines that have been ran when he was out for the day.  He is constructing a new house and the lines are about 5ft above the first floor of his property.  It's going to be a two story property, or was going to be.  There's another property where the owner has built his house around the post holding the power lines, as again Ormeco never paid him.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

There's another property where the owner has built his house around the post holding the power lines, as again Ormeco never paid him.

Possession being 9/10 of the law so to speak :wink: