Airport Immigration officers

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

My situation is that I have been coming and going for four years now,  staying on a tourist visa and extending for 1 month, leaving back to Australia for a couple of weeks and then back again.

When I arrived back here a couple of weeks ago the officer said to me "you come and go here a lot of times", I replied "Yes". End of conversation.

On a different tack, is there somewhere on this forum where it explains each and every visa, with the appropriate fees?

tia

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

On a different tack, is there somewhere on this forum where it explains each and every visa, with the appropriate fees?

The info is on the immigration site which is down at the time of posting , http://www.immigration.gov.ph/  Fees might be a little higher than shown.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

If you are not staying for more than 30 days at any one time there is no appropriate visa. If longer than 30 days a multi entry visa will allow you to stay up to 59 days per entry for the length of the visa.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The info is on the immigration site which is down at the time of posting , http://www.immigration.gov.ph/  Fees might be a little higher than shown.

Thanks, the site is still down which could mean new changes perhaps.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gary D said:

If you are not staying for more than 30 days at any one time there is no appropriate visa. If longer than 30 days a multi entry visa will allow you to stay up to 59 days per entry for the length of the visa.

Once the site is back up I will start my research on what is best for me, of course the simplest way is to marry my gf of 4 years, but that ain’t going to happen, so will have to think of another way.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Came back from Aus on the 9th Dec 2018, was the second time in 12 months, used the new Senior Citizen Immigration Booth at Mactan Airport, the officer never said a word to me, stamped my passport with a red stamp with a black overide dated 8th Jan next year, was hassle free took the best part of 2minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Came back from Aus on the 9th Dec 2018, was the second time in 12 months, used the new Senior Citizen Immigration Booth at Mactan Airport, the officer never said a word to me, stamped my passport with a red stamp with a black overide dated 8th Jan next year, was hassle free took the best part of 2minutes.

Dang Frosty, I thought you took a walk-about and got lost in the Out Backs.  

Great hearing from you again!  Respectfully Jake  

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jake said:

Dang Frosty, I thought you took a walk-about and got lost in the Out Backs.  

Great hearing from you again!  Respectfully Jake  

Hi Jake,

Nah, tried to go bush, too bloody hot for me, needed some filipina lovin, so made it back, will PM you later, take care old son

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

the simplest way is to marry my gf of 4 years

I have to disagree.  For a lot of guys that turns into a nightmare.  Some of the guys here are on 13a visas when they should be (IMHO) on the special visa for retired military.  If you did any time in the military and you can get it recognized by the PRA then it is the cheapest and most secure way for a retiree to go.  But perhaps @Jack Peterson could give us the pros and cons on that.  Perhaps the PRA do not recognize the Brits and Aussies?

• Thanks 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

The result of that should be interesting, as I served 15 years in the Royal Australian Navy, or should I say I was at a party for 15 years then woke up one day and decided to go and get a serious job.

• Haha 2