Airport Immigration officers

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

I served 15 years in the Royal Australian Navy,

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY. For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required.

I believe the monthly pension can be from all sources, not just military pension and a lifetime retirement visa for a deposit of US$1,500 is about as good as it gets.  Also, it says "officer" but NCOs count.  Here is the link if you want to look into it

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But perhaps @Jack Peterson could give us the pros and cons on that.  Perhaps the PRA do not recognize the Brits and Aussies?

Oh we are recognised BUT the US are Given Preference

• Hmm thinking 1

• 2 months later...
Freebie
Posted
Posted

If you look at whats happened in Thailand they have gone past the part fo Immigration officers asking " who do you come here so ofter " to actually trying to discourage the ones that come frequently to the country. It cant be a coincidence that iys starting to happen here too. Hence the SRRV visa gets recommended as once done, anyone can come and go as easy and often as you please and no annual reporting and no throwaway ticket required.

I had been asked a couple times last years about why I visit so often, and so bit the bullet and got the visa ( not without a lot of work to get the UK police clearance red ribboned ) and to great pleasure when the gate agent in HK recently said " and how long will you be staying in Manila, do you have an onward ticket ? ".. " No Sir i have the retirement visa and card ".... ")

Now I find I have one spare throwaway ticket to KK,  to literally throwaway lol

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Freebie said:

come and go as easy and often as you please and no annual reporting

:89: My Friend are you sure about that? A friend of mine has one and he has a yearly  cost of $300+ which to me sounds a lot But on checking it is so. This being the case I would say you most definitely have to report Yearly and sod that cost. married 10 years at the Cost of the 13a and 310 peso per year Reporting I know I am on the right Visa

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

Edited by Jack Peterson

RBM
Posted
Posted

I have had  couple of recent trips out side here recently. What I noticed at Mactan there are a lot of very young officers whom tend to be very strict. last time a Dutch guy in front of me was detained as he could not produce an outward ticket, in spite of a great effort to talk his way through, no way. Plus the officer wanted his exact address upon arrival in Cebu. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Freebie said:

If you look at whats happened in Thailand they have gone past the part fo Immigration officers asking " who do you come here so ofter " to actually trying to discourage the ones that come frequently to the country. It cant be a coincidence that iys starting to happen here too. Hence the SRRV visa gets recommended as once done, anyone can come and go as easy and often as you please and no annual reporting and no throwaway ticket required.

I had been asked a couple times last years about why I visit so often, and so bit the bullet and got the visa ( not without a lot of work to get the UK police clearance red ribboned ) and to great pleasure when the gate agent in HK recently said " and how long will you be staying in Manila, do you have an onward ticket ? ".. " No Sir i have the retirement visa and card ".... ")

Now I find I have one spare throwaway ticket to KK,  to literally throwaway lol

Where did you do the police clearance part ?

Im thinking of going down the srrv visa route

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Did I read on another post where it mentioned that service visa is the most expensive way to do it?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Where did you do the police clearance part ?

Im thinking of going down the srrv visa route

You get clearance at your local NBI office.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

You get clearance at your local NBI office.

The police clearance is done in the UK and certified at the Embassy.  It's best to get all your documents done before leaving the UK as the Embassy in Manila doesn't certify them.  If you are already here you can use a third party to do the certifying on your behalf but it'll cost you. 

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I had my police clearance done in UK. Had a family member take it to Phil embassy for red ribboned purpose.

Embassy says take it to Foreign and Commonwelth office for "aposstling".

foreign and Commonwelath gives an exasperated sigh and says weve told the Philippines Embassy 100 times that we dont do that and havent done that for past 4 years .

Theres now a government site to go to get UK goverment documents certified ( 30 pounds ) then back to Phils Embassy for red ribboning. Long slow process. !

NBI clearance ( as I understand ) can only be done if you have been in country for 6 months or longer. If less than that need police clearance.