Laws Are starting to be enforced Negros

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Funny that. I can recall people saying the law will never be enforced. Things do change over time. 

• Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Just a Heads up here G & G's, 

Yesterday, 3 of my wifes' work Colleagues fell victim to the Law that is now being tightened up in the area.

1. Fined 1.500 for no helmet + 800 for wearing Slippers while Driving

2.  Fined 1.500 for no helmet. 600 for unclear number Plate ( Dirty)

3. Fined 1.500 for no helmet Driver, 900 for pillion Rider no helmet + 10.000 peso for using a motorcycle displaying "for Registration Plate" (which is now against this law) he did not have written Authority to ride the Bike on the Road (Barangay or Highway) as it was not properly Registered ie; No temporary Number Plate.

The HPG ( highway patrol group are going to town here in Dumaguete and Surrounding Areas, My friends, Please do what is right and just comply or Money will be leaving your Wallet and on any Subsequent offences licenses will be with drawn. Heads Up EH! :thumbsup:

you know it makes sense 1.jpg

http://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1048362

Jack:huh:

Afternoon all:cheers:

Are you telling Jack Dumaguete motorcyclists are now wearing helmets.........this is to much...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, RBM said:

Are you telling Jack Dumaguete motorcyclists are now wearing helmets.........this is to much...

:shock_40_anim_gif: Bruce I was in town this Morning and I have never seen so many riders in helmets, LP and other places that sell Helmets are heaving with buyers of course it will soon be out of Stock.jpg:smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Funny that. I can recall people saying the law will never be enforced. Things do change over time. 

Yep sure Do and for the First time in 19+ years, my wife is wearing hers, she has realised that anyone not wearing one will be stopped at some time and we all know, once they have you they will find more things to write you up for :wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:shock_40_anim_gif: Bruce I was in town this Morning and I have never seen so many riders in helmets, LP and other places that sell Helmets are heaving with buyers of course it will soon be out of Stock.jpg:smile:

Thats when when people may start making they own helmets .

watermelon-helmet-1.jpg

• Haha 5

RBM
Posted
Posted

Jack this really to much......need pop down there tomorrow pick up my brother so nice your advice. Otherwise would belive I in wrong city....

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Another one bites the dust, a Lad up our Road has been Fined, Caught down by robinsons ( where I guess they will get plenty of non wearers)

He had a helmet on but it was his fathers and was too small so he could not do the Strap up 500 peso Fine for non secure Helmet. Yup I think they mean business. :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Thats when when people may start making they own helmets .

Yup and we have seen plenty of makshifts already 

Eddie1
Posted
Posted (edited)

It looks like they are making a concerted effort in the town itself.  I went into town yesterday along the National Highway from Dauin to Robinson's Mall.  Being the anorak that I am particularly when bored, I decided to count the first 50 mopeds/motorbikes coming in the opposite direction  to see how many were wearing crash helmets.   47 NOT wearing... 3 wearing.

It seems that the authorities have a long way to go with this to eradicate not wearing a helmet.   But lets not be in any doubt, its a very easy way (amongst others) to  accrue money fast.

Edited by Eddie1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1