Laws Are starting to be enforced Negros

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Also, helmets covering the faces of drivers is not allowed.

They are a legal helmet in Most Areas but Dumaguete & a few other place banned them for Security Reasons, Now i suspect outside the City they will be deemed OK

Mick
Posted
Posted

In my Subdivision it's an offence to wear a helmet, when they arrive at security they are informed to take it off while driving within.... 

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok so here it is. The Amnesty ends on November the 26th (25th on Highways)

LTO: Motorists have until November 25 to comply with the national helmet law

Land Transportation Office Dumaguete District Office Chief Alberta Janine Lawas issued a fair warning to all motorcycle riders that the full implementation of Motorcycle Helmet Act of 2009 requiring the use of helmets will resume on November 26, after the charter day celebration of the city.

She stressed that this is to give respect to the appeal of Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo to give motorcycle riders at least two months for ample information drive and to purchase the helmets.

Mayor Remollo, along with other city officials including Councilors Lilani Ramon, Alan Gel Cordova, Joe Kenneth Arbas, Agustin Miguel Perdices, Estanislao Alviola, Manuel Arbon and Michael Bandal recently met with officials of LTO Regional Operations Officer Macario Getaruelas, LTO Dumaguete Chief Alberta Janine Lawas and HPG Team Leader Sr. Inspector Silvestre Cenia to build a consensus on how consensus on how to implement the national law.

From now until Nov. 25, apprehension for non-use of helmets by motorcycle riders will be at the boundaries of Dumaguete-Bacong, Dumaguete-Valencia, Dumaguete-Sibulan and the national highway.

However, full implementation of the helmet law that carries P 1, 500 up to P 10, 000 penalty will cover all the city streets without exemptions starting November 26.

Meanwhile, Lawas also clarified that there will be no apprehension for tricycles with more than three passengers.

Source @LUPAD ( Dumaguete)

LTO meeting on helmets.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling AGAIN
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 10/4/2018 at 8:23 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Ok so here it is. The Amnesty ends on November the 26th (25th on Highways)

LTO: Motorists have until November 25 to comply with the national helmet law

Land Transportation Office Dumaguete District Office Chief Alberta Janine Lawas issued a fair warning to all motorcycle riders that the full implementation of Motorcycle Helmet Act of 2009 requiring the use of helmets will resume on November 26, after the charter day celebration of the city.

She stressed that this is to give respect to the appeal of Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo to give motorcycle riders at least two months for ample information drive and to purchase the helmets.

Mayor Remollo, along with other city officials including Councilors Lilani Ramon, Alan Gel Cordova, Joe Kenneth Arbas, Agustin Miguel Perdices, Estanislao Alviola, Manuel Arbon and Michael Bandal recently met with officials of LTO Regional Operations Officer Macario Getaruelas, LTO Dumaguete Chief Alberta Janine Lawas and HPG Team Leader Sr. Inspector Silvestre Cenia to build a consensus on how consensus on how to implement the national law.

From now until Nov. 25, apprehension for non-use of helmets by motorcycle riders will be at the boundaries of Dumaguete-Bacong, Dumaguete-Valencia, Dumaguete-Sibulan and the national highway.

However, full implementation of the helmet law that carries P 1, 500 up to P 10, 000 penalty will cover all the city streets without exemptions starting November 26.

Meanwhile, Lawas also clarified that there will be no apprehension for tricycles with more than three passengers.

Source @LUPAD ( Dumaguete)

LTO meeting on helmets.jpg

Hey Jack,  How's the helmet enforcement going in Dumaguete?  Here in Sta Rosa the LTO and PNP were hot and heavy on the motorcycle riders with no helmets, slippers, and multiple riders/ small children but slacked on end of September or early October.  It appears here the enforcement date has gone by the wayside.  About the only thing I notice different are if mom and pop have a helmet, the baby or little one will now be wearing a cotton or wool cap.  :89:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, intrepid said:

Hey Jack,  How's the helmet enforcement going in Dumaguete? 

Pretty good on the whole But would yield better results if they operated a Stop and apprehend on site instead of just using the Check Points where the riders still Form a queue until it finishes but the results are encouraging from what it used to be, Big problem now is that many shop service counters will not let you store a helmet and some store guards get  stroppy against Youngsters taking a helmets in to the Supermarket ( or Store) they say no because you could hide stuff in that helmet  what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg :whistling:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I drove from my place to Robinsons mall earlier,about 4km,I would say that 90% of people on that main road did not have helmets on.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I drove from my place to Robinsons mall earlier,about 4km,I would say that 90% of people on that main road did not have helmets on.

Road Check Point probably Finished early in time for Tea :whistling: Things would be so much better if they adopted stop and Apprehend :Policeman:

• Like 2