Laws Are starting to be enforced Negros

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Eddie1 said:

But lets be in doubt, its a very easy way (amongst others) to  accrue money fast.

:thumbsup: Especially in the Run up to  Xmas.jpg But the President said they must do it, So they made a start :ohmy:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)

The real question is how long will it last? Is there a pool started yet LOL 'Normal' is what? about 3 weeks and no stock on ticket books?

on a side note I personally hope it doesn't last long. Adding the weight of a helmet to my screwed up neck and back will severely cut down my riding distance. Oh, which way to the LTO line for medical helmet waiver?

Edited by AlwaysRt
added side note

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

on a side note I personally hope it doesn't last long. Adding the weight of a helmet to my screwed up neck and back will severely cut down my riding distance.

A fall off the bike or something could severely shorten your life. 

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

"You know it makes sense"

I realise Philippines is a different culture (3-4-5-6 on a bike)

However I wonder how many people would be with us today had they been wearing a Helmet

Kids stuff.jpg

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

A couple of points to add on this subject.  Word on this has got around and is making people a bit jumpy.   Back in January when I bought my bike new from Du Ek Sam (Honda dealership in Dumaguete) I got a new helmet for free with the bike.  Couldn't find one small enough for the missus so we borrowed a helmet from her friend (Pinay) who laughed at us and said you dont need to be wearing a helmet here, nobody bothers.  We got a text message from her on Monday asking if we could return it asap as the word is out, people are getting fined, lol.

Also, as most pinay tend to be small/petite why dont they make a helmet to fit them?  We have looked all over Dumaguete and only found L or XL.  :89:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

What about long pants?  In Cebu long pants are required along with shoes and helmets.  Any word on that requirement here?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

A fall off the bike or something could severely shorten your life. 

Worth the risk over having a life stuck inside a living room. Which is basically the thought that got me out of the US to start with. "I can sit here in pain everyday - or I can get out and see the world. Still in pain but giant step up in quality of life, however long it lasts." Mine is not the average situation which is why I said 'personally....' vs everyone should feel the same as me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Worth the risk over having a life stuck inside a living room.

My reply was about not wearing a helmet and the danger of injuries.  :thumbsup:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

My reply was about not wearing a helmet and the danger of injuries.  :thumbsup:

I know, I have nerve damage in my neck and two other places in my spine. Adding the weight of a helmet would shorten, maybe even stop my ability to ride a bike (the original comment I made you were commenting on).

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

We have looked all over Dumaguete and only found L or XL.

I had the opposite problem when I went to buy a helmet in Ozamiz (mine was in CDO).

2 motorbike shops and only 1 XL size helmet to be found...