Laws Are starting to be enforced Negros

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

I'm not there now, but the word from Bohol is that you can no longer leave your helmet with the motorcycle when you park it. The helmet will be stolen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What about long pants?  In Cebu long pants are required along with shoes and helmets.  Any word on that requirement here?

Not that I have heard on Solo's but a couple of Trike Drivers have been done

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Azon ( my wife) has just come from the market Area and the HPG are doing their thing, So guys & or gals if you are going to Dumaguete City wear your helmet

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What about long pants?  In Cebu long pants are required along with shoes and helmets.  Any word on that requirement here?

Wondering why since the helmet law is nation wide and I would have thought other aspects would be too so how can Cebu have a different law? 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

how can Cebu have a different law? 

Laws are like weeds.  They grow wild all over Philippines.  But in some areas they have weed control (law enforcement).  For example.  I can and do drive all over Cebu island, from here in Sibulan all the way to Bogo in the north of Cebu and never need a helmet or shoes or long pants etc.  But I have to go up the west side of the island where the laws are not enforced.  If I go on the east side, between CarCar and Danao, I will find areas of enforcement.  I expect the enforcement will die down in Dumaguete soon enough, just like the no smoking laws and the laws against happy endings in the massage places.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Laws are like weeds.  They grow wild all over Philippines.  But in some areas they have weed control (law enforcement).  For example.  I can and do drive all over Cebu island, from here in Sibulan all the way to Bogo in the north of Cebu and never need a helmet or shoes or long pants etc.  But I have to go up the west side of the island where the laws are not enforced.  If I go on the east side, between CarCar and Danao, I will find areas of enforcement.  I expect the enforcement will die down in Dumaguete soon enough, just like the no smoking laws and the laws against happy endings in the massage places.  

So in reality it's a nationwide law of long pants and shoes. 

• Thanks 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

and the laws against happy endings in the massage places

Have you heard about anyone getting popped for this one?

• Hmm thinking 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

laws against happy endings in the massage places.  

Never had one of those, do you need to wear a helmet? :whistling:

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

This might help a few.

Administrative Order - LTO

www.lto.gov.ph › Issuances › Administrative Order

5 days ago - 2014-01 - REVISED SCHEDULE OF FINES AND PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF LAWS , RULES AND REGULATIONS GOVERNING LAND ...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:hystery::wait_80_anim_gif:  but wait, This says it all, still one law for them and one law for us 

TMO no helmets.jpg tmo 2.jpg

taken yesterday on Santa Catalina street ( Dumaguete) I believe on the way to Robinsons, maybe to do a little writing with NO helmets on :no:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Just because I felt the need ha ha
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1