Laws Are starting to be enforced Negros

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery::wait_80_anim_gif:  but wait, This says it all, still one law for them and one law for us 

TMO no helmets.jpg tmo 2.jpg

taken yesterday on Santa Catalina street ( Dumaguete) I believe on the way to Robinsons, maybe to do a little writing with NO helmets on :no:

Perhaps I should attach those pics to my license in case they stop me? lol

• Love it 1
  • Haha 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Wondering why since the helmet law is nation wide and I would have thought other aspects would be too so how can Cebu have a different law? 

Well, JGF I think it depends on the mayor or officials of a city or area and how strenuous they want their enforcers relating to particular laws. As yet it doesn't seem that laws are enforced "across the board" country wide yet.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Queenie O. said:

I think it depends on the mayor or officials of a city or area and how strenuous they want their enforcers relating to particular laws.

Quite! and there lies the problem, When Local Officials meddle with National Laws, is it any wonder that the Loca people will take the least form of Resistance and easy life only to pay heavily for it later :wink:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, stevewool said:

Hahaha That's funny Steve, but I've seen some folks pass us on the road trying to stay within the law, by wearing/perching what looks to be a cheap lightweight construction worker's hat with no strap or a lightweight string under the chin. Also observed folks with flip flips with a pair of socks to accommodate the covered shoe requirement. I guess they're banking on the enforcers' not noticing them in the crowd.

On another note I've seen both people together wearing helmets, but the children riding with them wearing none. 

watermelon-helmet-1.jpg

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Queenie O. said:

but the children riding with them wearing none. 

:89: That will be the next thing I am sure the Tightening up of the  hable hable situation

Hable hable.jpg :whistling:

• Like 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

On another note I've seen both people together wearing helmets, but the children riding with them wearing none. 

Queenie,  We searched high and low here in Dumaguete for a proper child size crash helmet for our lad, no chance at all.  Bob Hope and no hope.  We ended up buying him the best cycle helmet we could find, hardly ideal but what are the choices?   :computerrage_40_anim_gif: 

• Like 2

BKB
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Queenie,  We searched high and low here in Dumaguete for a proper child size crash helmet for our lad, no chance at all.  Bob Hope and no hope.  We ended up buying him the best cycle helmet we could find, hardly ideal but what are the choices?   :computerrage_40_anim_gif: 

I ordered a couple for my nephews from lazada...

• Thanks 2

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, BKB said:

I ordered a couple for my nephews from lazada...

Do you know if they comply with the LTO requirements here in the Phils?   i.e. do they have the correct stamps on them?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

i.e. do they have the correct stamps on them?

You can have them Tested and Kite marked at TMO Quezon Park ( Dumaguete)

Helmet sticker.jpg

• Thanks 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

You can have them Tested

I wonder how they test them.  I ask because most people are aware that you must replace a helmet after any crash where your head hit

So if they test it with any kind of impact test then it needs to be replaced, not stamped.  But I know you are going to say: Remember where we are. :hystery:

• Like 1