Laws Are starting to be enforced Negros

RBM
Posted
Posted

Not having  read the many posts here I suspect friend Jack is sitting back with his coffee having one giant chuckle.

Arrived in Dumaguete yesterday expecting to be viewing a changed city...........reminds of leopards ......not a helmets in site.

Well done Jack !

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, RBM said:

Not having  read the many posts here I suspect friend Jack is sitting back with his coffee having one giant chuckle.

Arrived in Dumaguete yesterday expecting to be viewing a changed city...........reminds of leopards ......not a helmets in site.

Well done Jack !

There were plenty of locals buying helmets yesterday,I saw one who just bought one and he was wearing it on his arm.I don`t think the enforcers work at the weekend as I saw many in town who were not complying with any part of the law.

Ram1957
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

There were plenty of locals buying helmets yesterday,I saw one who just bought one and he was wearing it on his arm.I don`t think the enforcers work at the weekend as I saw many in town who were not complying with any part of the law.

The HPG are the one's that are enforcing this with their checkpoints. TMO Traffic Enforcers are not enforcing this law. I was at the Dumaguete LTO last week and they were extremely busy with those who got tickets for not wearing helmets. One individual decided to run the checkpoint and got a P12,000 fine when they were caught by the HPG. 

Edited by Ram1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Seems many mixed reviews but it is happening and I am sure it will continue, I wonder how long before we hear ( if ever we did) one of our Members getting their collar felt :Policeman:

Jack:tongue:

:photo-109: ( Just for Bruce [RBM] :hystery:) Trust the day went well mate :wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yup Kev seems more an elbow protector than anything else

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thought it would be a good time to post the new fines:mellow:

LTO fines.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2018 at 9:35 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

how can Cebu have a different law? 

Funny enough, they do.  Any motorcyclist can attest to being told to wear long pants when riding in Cebu, but the HPG in Dumaguete says:

Hpg NegOr clarify

“For clarification and information of everyone, it is NOT prohibited to drive a motorcycle wearing shorts.

what is prohibited is the wearing of SLIPPERS, SANDALS or being BAREFOOT while operating motorcycle or scooter on a road or highway under Section XI, para E of Administrative Order No. AHS-2008-015.

Thanks and have a safe day ahead of you.”

A quote from the HPG in Dumaguete on Facebook.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 9/22/2018 at 11:32 PM, Mike J said:

Never had one of those, do you need to wear a helmet? :whistling:

Sorry if I'm being thick here :89:

But you get busted for not wearing a helmet and busted if they catch her polishing your helmet :mocking:

• Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

Sorry if I'm being thick here :89:

Are you still here.jpg:whistling: Oooops.jpg sorry I thought it was CAPA:hystery:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I'm still having a cackle when I think of those who laugh at me at some time when I said that laws will be enforced. Eventually the average person will get the message.. 

Here is a video from maybe 2 or so days goes a day in Manila. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1