Why Dumaguete?

CockneyRebel
Posted
Posted

Hi guys

As I learned from my last post a fair few of you live in Dumaguete. I realise that a major reason is the camaraderie of a group of expats (which appeals to me also), but I wonder if there were any other reason/s that you would opt for there rather than somewhere like Moalboal or Badian?

Many thanks

Craig

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We are still enjoying a wanderlust lifestyle, but if either my wife or I should need caregiver services, Dumaguete would be our destination. The reason is Silliman University produces excellent medical graduates and has an excellent hospital. The area has more charm and is less chaotic than Metro Manila. Having a supportive expat community is another plus.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, CockneyRebel said:

I wonder if there were any other reason/s that you would opt for there rather than somewhere like Moalboal or Badian?

For me, my Wife is a Dumaguetonian and so very proud of it, he we are and here we stay, anywhere else is within fairly easy travel :whistling:

Jack:smile:

Morning all :photo-109:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, CockneyRebel said:

I wonder if there were any other reason/s that you would opt for there rather than somewhere like Moalboal or Badian?

Probably just personal preference.  I notice many younger people (as in one or more decades younger than me) like Moalboal.  Badian does not even strike me as worth mentioning.  Balamban is a bit popular as it is a quick hop over the mountain away from Cebu City.  But Dumaguete has a certain appeal to retiring foreigners.  It may be just the social aspect of having so many like-minded old farts living nearby so the feeling of ethnic isolation that sometimes happens in other provincial areas does not happen here.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

so many like-minded old farts living nearby

:whistling: that'll be me then 

• Haha 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

For me it is the convenience of a big city without all of the hassle.I can get nearly everything I want here without travelling 60km.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: that'll be me then 

Wow you got that right and so early on a Sunday morning.:hystery:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

I can get nearly everything I want here without travelling 60km.

:thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, sonjack2847 said:

Wow you got that right and so early on a Sunday morning.:hystery:

me.jpg :1927_:

• Like 1

CockneyRebel
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, JJReyes said:

We are still enjoying a wanderlust lifestyle, but if either my wife or I should need caregiver services, Dumaguete would be our destination. The reason is Silliman University produces excellent medical graduates and has an excellent hospital. The area has more charm and is less chaotic than Metro Manila. Having a supportive expat community is another plus.

Yes JJ, whilst I hate to look at the impending need for medical services - I cant bury my head in the sand and what you say makes sense.