Why Dumaguete?

CockneyRebel
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Try and be around Dumaguete the 2nd Thursday of a month so you can pop in and meet us lads from Dumaguete :thumbsup:

That is a definite Jack! and thanks for the invite :dance:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, CockneyRebel said:

thanks for the invite :dance:

Pleasure mate and of course that goes out to anyone and all members ( even JGF:rolleyes: ) but..............:tongue: 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Pleasure mate and of course that goes out to anyone and all members ( even JGF:rolleyes: ) but..............:tongue: 

But is this not from your last meeting drunks.jpg

• Haha 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But is this not from your last meeting

I believe that is the local  LFC Official Supporters Club.  We don't have any of them in our group.  A good football club, but the supporters are a bunch of drunks.  I think they are in Makati.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But is this not from your last meeting drunks.jpg

That was before we went out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Clermont said:

JJ, is that medical care your talking about or homecare, why I ask, because a lot of my inlaws have one foot in the grave and all the family does is pay for a nurse to be with them 24/7. A good doc, (not a healer) visits them once a week and hospitalize them if need be until they recover or go to meet their maker.

Some of us with our medical history would put the best hypochondriac to shame, so what I'm trying to say, it doesn't matter at our age if we get crook just so long as your basic needs are met and it doesn't matter where you fall off the perch.

As long as you can pay the bill at the end of the day, you'll be alright in most hospitals. Remember dead foreigners don't pay bills, it's in their interest to keep you kicking. Also PI's don't know dead foreigners either for payment of bills. :thumbsup:

As mentioned in a much earlier post, there are three stages in retirement, namely: "Go-Go," "Slow-Go," and "No-Go".

While medical care for most seniors is covered by Medicare, they will not pay for custodial care. If you need assisted care such as having someone to clean the house, cook, run errands, etc., that comes out of your pocket.  Cost is several thousand a month for someone who is trained as a caregiver.

If you need 24/7 nursing care at a facility, that also comes out of your pocket. Only the medical part is paid by Medicare. Most of the service is considered custodial care.  It could easily cost you $7,500 to $15,000 a month in California. You can hire nurses in the Philippine to provide 24 hours in-home care for much less. 

Medicare will pay for hospice care. What this means is the doctors believe you will be dead within 90 days. Sometimes the doctors are mistaken. Medicare may agree to add an extra 90 days. The idea is to make you comfortable and drugged up while waiting for the end of life.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

As mentioned in a much earlier post, there are three stages in retirement, namely: "Go-Go," "Slow-Go," and "No-Go".

While medical care for most seniors is covered by Medicare, they will not pay for custodial care. If you need assisted care such as having someone to clean the house, cook, run errands, etc., that comes out of your pocket.  Cost is several thousand a month for someone who is trained as a caregiver.

If you need 24/7 nursing care at a facility, that also comes out of your pocket. Only the medical part is paid by Medicare. Most of the service is considered custodial care.  It could easily cost you $7,500 to $15,000 a month in California. You can hire nurses in the Philippine to provide 24 hours in-home care for much less. 

Medicare will pay for hospice care. What this means is the doctors believe you will be dead within 90 days. Sometimes the doctors are mistaken. Medicare may agree to add an extra 90 days. The idea is to make you comfortable and drugged up while waiting for the end of life.

JJ, sorry but I thought you were talking about homecare in the PI's, yes western home care is out of most peoples price range, but in the PI's, I've no qualms about growing old there and needing help if I need it down along the track. :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

they will not pay for custodial care

This is my plan for free custodial care

images (2).jpg

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

JJ, sorry but I thought you were talking about homecare in the PI's, yes western home care is out of most peoples price range, but in the PI's, I've no qualms about growing old there and needing help if I need it down along the track. :thumbsup:

Sorry. Please note that my data on Philippine prices for custodial care (homecare) is five years old.

At the time of my original research (we were thinking about starting a business) the cost for in-home service was P1,000 per nurse for a 12 hours shift or approximately P60,000 per month. The labor pool would be the 90,000 annual graduates from nursing schools who are required to spend one year working in a hospital or medical clinic to gain practical skills.  The partnership included medical doctors in the Philippines who owned hospitals and clinics and Fil-Am doctors in the United States who could supply the clients/patients. More specifically, our target were persons with Alzheimer's to be housed in a facility outside of metro areas. The price range would have been $2,500 to $3,500 per person. 

I decided not to pursue it after my wife convinced me that we had enough assets for retirement. Why spend another 10 years building a new business from scratch. The extra money would be nice, but is it worth another 10 years of work?  Current strategy is to enjoy life as independent seniors and move to the Philippines for assisted living or nursing care when needed. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is my plan for free custodial care

My artistic qualities are lacking but with enough time to get it right I think I would be OK with this one modification

noose.jpg

• Haha 1