This is my plan for free custodial care

images (2).jpg

You mean they let you out already?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

You mean they let you out already?

Shhhh, not exactly. I found a hole in the wall which lead to a tunnel and the rest is run run run. :Policeman:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Try and be around Dumaguete the 2nd Thursday of a month so you can pop in and meet us lads from Dumaguete :thumbsup:

Since its the OPs birthday is today it looks like belated drinks will be in order. Do you want to tell him who is paying or do I have to explain the custom :cheers:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you want to tell him who is paying or do I have to explain the custom :cheers:

Forum and explaining.jpg So maybe it will be better from me. @CockneyRebel Your Round when you arrive:whistling::cheers:

BTW Happy birthday.jpg   :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Sorry. Please note that my data on Philippine prices for custodial care (homecare) is five years old.

I had a mind set like yours, JJ, I was going to do this and that, but I've a wife that sounds much like yours. How much is enough, if you've got stable earning assets why bother. I've been convinced, I'm too old to worry about businesses now and my wife is pretty frugal when it comes to spending and we will not run out of money before one drops of the perch. As for caring for us, if we both become incapacitated she has got a 34 year old son that I get on well with and I'm not worried about not being cared for if his mother passes before me. :thumbsup:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Clermont said:

I had a mind set like yours, JJ, I was going to do this and that, but I've a wife that sounds much like yours. How much is enough, if you've got stable earning assets why bother. I've been convinced, I'm too old to worry about businesses now and my wife is pretty frugal when it comes to spending and we will not run out of money before one drops of the perch. As for caring for us, if we both become incapacitated she has got a 34 year old son that I get on well with and I'm not worried about not being cared for if his mother passes before me. :thumbsup:

The preparations include getting all the paperwork completed by lawyers. No federal and state inheritance taxes to pay. All remaining assets transfer to our two sons within 72 hours after presentation of death certificates. Even the banks and financial institutions have letters on file regarding this matter.  Our funds are sufficient for caregiver services provided it is outside the United States.

Did you know you could purchase eight seats on Philippine Airlines? They will place a bed/pallet on top and curtain off the seats for a comatose passenger. You need an extra seat for an attending nurse and for family members.

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Not wanting to upset anybody.....  BUT..... the OP is asking 'Why Dumaguete?"    Back on topic?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

Not wanting to upset anybody.....  BUT..... the OP is asking 'Why Dumaguete?"    Back on topic?

lol. we can all call the kettle black at times. Yes it's hard to be on topic and would be good if members started new ones as to what the want to discuss but its life. Look at Facebook comments to some post, goes from subject to, hello aunty Jane, long time no see.  

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Eddie1 said:

If you have been following the posts, it is relevant the answers JJ gave, he was talking about Dumaguete. he was explaining his intentions if he retired in the PI"s, which is something a lot of us don't think about, ( Alzheimer's won't happen to me is in most mindsets,) Me on the other hand carried on with the conversation, no place was mentioned by me, it could have been Dumaguete I was talking about.

As for his last post, it is relevant also, he was explaining how much work he'd put into his proposed business venture, it is something a lot of people don't do, instead they go off halfcoked and then end up whining about it to anyone that will listen when the venture falls in a heap.

I could add, PM JJ as loss of concentration in understanding written material, is an early sign of Alzheimer's, looks like he has the heads up on the disease, but I won't as it might offend. :thumbsup:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Philippine entry point for many Expats looking for a retirement haven is either Metro Manila or Metro Cebu.  After getting the opportunity to visit different places in the country, the Expat begins to realize there are many places that provide an ideal compromise between living in a chaotic large city and the dream of finding a beach with miles and miles of beautiful sand with no people. Dumaguete happens to be one of those ideal compromise places. You can avail to the services offered by a medium size city like good hospitals yet a more frenetic lifestyle is available if that is your desire. My personal preference is quiet, but there should be quality restaurants nearby where I can enjoy a good meal.

I like Dumaguete. At the same time, I have a couple of other places as a backup. The reason is the current appeal of Dumaguete and the influx of people, including local and foreign retirees, attracted by its appeal, may cause it to lose its charm. Of course, my arrival could be during a time in my life that I might be dependent on a wheelchair. So an over populated Dumaguete would no longer be important.

• Like 3