Can it really get any worse?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sorry G & G's this may take a little time,

Permissions 

We have to have Permission/ Authorisation to Drive a Motor vehicle that has no proper number Plate ie; Regular Plate, we need permission to live here ie: Visa's

We have to have Permission to Build a House and further permission to have a wall or fence around it, NOW this morning I find I have to have permission to  actually live in the House I paid for to be Built for my Little Family;  House Front.jpg WTF yes WTF 

As many know I have always tried to be that one step Ahead and keep it all legal But, as Kev (sonjack) said in another Topic sometimes we just can't do "A" because "B" and "C' are stopping us & therefore we are outside the Law

Ok so the Captain came down this morning to give me the Absolute on a Barangay case I had brought against me some time ago ( It was thrown out) and there being no appeals it is now written Off :15: But he said, we need your "Occupation Certificate" number to complete the details  Hmmmmmmm Well here is the thing, it was never issued ( I find now) because of a City Administrative issue.

Basically I thought the Occupation Certificate was just to say Passed for Occupation according to plans and Specifications but NO it also says we can now live in it or Rent it out, OK I say to him so are you telling me that we should not be living here? in Theory yes he said  but as you have lived in it for 5+ years I will mark it done Hmmm OK for now BUT it does raise a question for me.

1. What back Taxes will I have to Pay? ( he could not say so it looks like a trip to BIR very Soon)

2. What about the Census as we have no Sticker on occupants ( ah well you won't show up as you don't live here:hystery:)

3 Everyone knows I live here, (Water  Noreco II ( Electric) + BI & NBI.

Friggin mess, which My Wife had forgotten all about but she is now at City Hall table Thumping. Seems no matter what we Do there is is always a cockup by Authorities  that end up with our Hands in our Pockets to put right things right we did not know were wrong.

Moral if there is one.

When it comes to the Permissions we need to just live a Life, best make sure we all know just what Permissions are needed and for me on this occasion, ensure they are in Place.

OK rant over:508:

Jack:smile:

:photo-109: Good morning A Lie.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

That 'permission' doesn't ring a bell with me... I'm not sure if I should ask SWMBO to check or as the saying goes 'let sleeping dogs lie'. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

'let sleeping dogs lie'. 

Hmmmmm not sure that will work but for those with an interest her is the link on the subject;

https://www.google.com.ph/search?lei=2KCpW6vhCpuv9QPa-Y-oAQ&q=purpose of occupancy permit&ved=0ahUKEwilx5SVkdXdAhVHWH0KHVk9DGIQsKwBCC0oAQ&biw=1360&bih=626

:huh:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Thanks 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorted. ( we hope)

:unsure: It transpires that we were only ever granted a Temporary  Occupation Permit (TOC) and our Engineer did not follow this up as requested by the City, so it looks as if we need to really be on top of things where we do use outside of the family  People to complete the things we should have in our possession. My Wife now has the Full permit at a Cost and will go to the BIR later to get an assessment on Back Tax, This we must do or it will come back and bite us in the Backside at a later date. we are sure  :thumbsup:

Moral:

Due diligence and Vigilant overseeing of the Paperwork :wink:

To Finish all we can do is make sure  Wife ding well and thankful fo her.png

Edited by Jack Peterson
Just because I felt the need ha ha
  • Thanks 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry G & G's this may take a little time,

Permissions 

We have to have Permission/ Authorisation to Drive a Motor vehicle that has no proper number Plate ie; Regular Plate, we need permission to live here ie: Visa's

We have to have Permission to Build a House and further permission to have a wall or fence around it, NOW this morning I find I have to have permission to  actually live in the House I paid for to be Built for my Little Family;  House Front.jpg WTF yes WTF 

As many know I have always tried to be that one step Ahead and keep it all legal But, as Kev (sonjack) said in another Topic sometimes we just can't do "A" because "B" and "C' are stopping us & therefore we are outside the Law

Ok so the Captain came down this morning to give me the Absolute on a Barangay case I had brought against me some time ago ( It was thrown out) and there being no appeals it is now written Off :15: But he said, we need your "Occupation Certificate" number to complete the details  Hmmmmmmm Well here is the thing, it was never issued ( I find now) because of a City Administrative issue.

Basically I thought the Occupation Certificate was just to say Passed for Occupation according to plans and Specifications but NO it also says we can now live in it or Rent it out, OK I say to him so are you telling me that we should not be living here? in Theory yes he said  but as you have lived in it for 5+ years I will mark it done Hmmm OK for now BUT it does raise a question for me.

1. What back Taxes will I have to Pay? ( he could not say so it looks like a trip to BIR very Soon)

2. What about the Census as we have no Sticker on occupants ( ah well you won't show up as you don't live here:hystery:)

3 Everyone knows I live here, (Water  Noreco II ( Electric) + BI & NBI.

Friggin mess, which My Wife had forgotten all about but she is now at City Hall table Thumping. Seems no matter what we Do there is is always a cockup by Authorities  that end up with our Hands in our Pockets to put right things right we did not know were wrong.

Moral if there is one.

When it comes to the Permissions we need to just live a Life, best make sure we all know just what Permissions are needed and for me on this occasion, ensure they are in Place.

OK rant over:508:

Jack:smile:

:photo-109: Good morning A Lie.jpg

Jack, we got ours back in 2015. 

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, jimeve said:

Jack, we got ours back in 2015. 

:shock_40_anim_gif: Hmm Thought we had as well but...................:no:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

It's the same in Australia when a new house is completed it has to be checked before it is allowed to be used. Not sure why there are any taxes or do you mean like local city fees for garbage collection etc ? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure why there are any taxes or do you mean like local city fees

Yes, once the House has had the occupancy certificate issued it goes to taxation as a dwelling up from the Land tax which is minimal,, this then forms part of the assessments for Capital gains. (This can be the worrying Part) each year the Tax will be assessed on Increases to the value. Basically Rates

Then the City assessors inform the

BIR 

The Club where membership is compulsory and membership fees  exorbitant and Land and Dwelling Taxes are levied :angry:

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

BTW  this may well be why we see so many unfinished House here as in Spain, If not complete only land Tax is paid to the City, once the Dwelling is up it becomes a viable issue for rate and things  with the  BIR they now use this assessment to measure your wealth ( So to speak, which may be more beneficial to our Better halves) The Total capital gains is quicker to find if it is kept on a running Total each year, when we pass on, our wives will be quicker off the Ground to carry one as the Taxes can be dealt with much quicker these days.:wink:

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack, what you wrote about the difference in the taxes is correct, but I for one would have overlooked it too. More due diligence needed on my part when I'm shopping around early next year, thanks again for the heads up, but I know I'm going to get snipped somewhere. :lipssealed_80_anim_gif: This is about all we can say when it happens.

• Like 1